30-something mom looking for mfp buddies

Options
Hello,

I was a former mfp success but sometime last fall I lost interest and gained back almost everything (about 20lbs). Ugh. (

I'm tired of having to squeeze my thighs into my jeans in the morning. I'm tired of feeling lethargic all the time (when I was working out daily I had so much more energy). But mostly I'm mad at myself for getting to a point where my constant urge to grab something sweet has changed the way I feed my kids. There's more junk in the house and I'm letting them have more of it. It has to stop.

So every few days I get back on here and it never lasts more than a day before something else takes priority and I decide it can wait a little longer before I start again. So I'm looking for a few buddies to help motivate, support and keep me accountable.

Anybody?

Replies

• Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm a thirty something mom who's been back and forth on this weight loss journey, although I can't say I've been as successful as you and your 20 lb loss! I'm trying to lose 35, but hey, I'll take 5 at this point!! Feel free to send me a friend request!!
  • podge83
    podge83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in pretty much the same situation as you! When I'm counting cals/exercising I feel great but something happens or i get lazy, it all stops and I feel terrible! I've noticed I buy crisps etc now where I never did before which of course means my little boy eats them too. Maybe we can support each other :)
  • jimcarey24
    Options
    Request sent! :D
  • KatTheDiscoChimp
    KatTheDiscoChimp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a 30-something mum, trying to get healthier :D I try not to buy too much junk, but realise we could all be eating a little healthier!

Kat

ps Feel free to send requests :)
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    go ahead and add if you want. I am a 37 year old Mom, and the healthiest I have been in a long time.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    Hi there...I am 33 and mama to 6 amazing little ones 10 and under:):):) I have been pregnant 60 months of my life and been nursing babies for 60 months of my life that is 120 months of growing babies!! lol I have been struggling to lose the 100 pounds I have that I want GONE forever!! I recently cut out all sugar and most dairy and felt my best but after 4 weeks of that did not lose a signal pound...felt discouraged and last week started sugar again (slowly) and now today I am back to NO sugar b/c I felt so much better and I didn't have that sugar high/crash thing going on in the day.

feel free to add me :)
  • cristinamari
    cristinamari Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a 30 something but not a mom. But it doesn't matter...we all have those ups and downs! I think if its not kids then it is something else that fills up out time (work, friends, family, home).

Hang in there and keep getting on MFP. You have the benefit of knowing how awesome it feels to lose the weight...now just imagine being there again and keeping it off.

You can do it... you just need a little support. Feel free to friend me if you want someone else to "poke" you when you don't log on! :smile: :smile:
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I have 2 daughters, 2 months and 3 years. I'm working on dropping this baby weight. Any motivated mamas feel free to add me!
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me, I'm 36, mom of 2 gals who are 5 and almost 2.

We all have those ups and downs, we just have to work through them and keep going! Moderation is key in everything and trending toward less processed foods helps too. That being said, I will be the last one to give up my coffee creamer OR ice cream for that matter.

:wink:
  • shellir05
    shellir05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Godblessedmom
    Godblessedmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 something mom of 3 kids (almost 2,4,7 years old). I am a busy, part time working mom. I have always struggled with my weight and am finally taking time/attention for myself. I have been doing well on MFP, but lost my main local support. I have a long ways to go and need more support. I am also an emotional eater with PCOS. I am not on a diet, but trying to change my lifestyle for me and my family. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Want to be my friend?:flowerforyou:
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am a 36 yr old mom to 3 girls (12, 8 and 3)!!! Been carrying this "baby" weight for a long time and have a long ways to go :) Love new buddies with the same goals, feel free to send a friend request.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30-something mom of 3 young boys. Lost 50lbs the first year I was on here..took a break, started school and the excuses came back. Gained more than half of the weight back - nobody to blame but myself. So, here I am again needing to lose what I recently gained plus more. Check out my profile if you like and who ever else that wants to be support buddies.
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello... feel free to add me if you would like to. We all need the extra support!
  • sgsarah2003
    sgsarah2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined today and your post caught my eye. I felt like I was reading about myself! I'm looking for buddies to help keep me on track and hopefully even inspire me as well! Feel free to add me! Good luck with your journey :-)
  • Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    Options
    30 something first time mom of a baby girl. Need to lose about 50 pounds.
  • lairyliam
    lairyliam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I am a thirty something stay at home dad on a 50lb loss journey.

Feel free to add me, i am always on the look out for people to share this journey with!

Liam
  • chse2bfit
    chse2bfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I couldn't relate more! I was an mfp member before and I felt so embarrassed of my inconsistency that I started a whole new account!! But I'm 28, mom of two kids under 5 and I need to lose 40 lbs. Feel free to add me as we'll. Everyone's weightloss goal is different but as moms, we all share that part of us where we neglect ourselves for our kids n hubby. But with accountability, it can be done, so lets do it!
  • LobnaHammam
    Options
    am 30-something mom too.. feel free to add me....:D