Hi I'm Al and I need some motivation :)

Options
Hi I'm Al. I'm 20 years old, 5'6 height and 184lbs weight. I'm overweight and I really need some help in losing 30lbs.

Anyone can help me and motivate me? :(

Replies

• podge83
    podge83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Al, nice to meet you. I've got lots to lose too, probably about 56lb!!! It'll be worth it tho, we'll look brilliant!
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    Yeah, Hope so! What's ur daily basis to lose weight?
  • podge83
    Options
    Lots of exercise and no rubbish food!!!! How about you?
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    Running. I'm still working on the food though and i need to run more. Hahaha. How many minutes do you exercise and in what time of day?
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Al, feel free to add me. Very similar goals. Looking to drop from 188 to about 155ish. As stated above I tend to lifting/swim/run and eat very clean. I don't diet just made some adjustments to the normal everyday eating, just decided to replace some bad snacks (chips/cookies) with some healthy ones (carrots + humus). I do however tend to relax on weekends but set myself to be around 1-1.5lb/week. Don't plan on being at goal weight or comp until end of this year.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Check out some Elliot Hulse- motivation doesn't exist but commitment does! Commit to doing it, make the decision to eat right and move your butt and you will get results, even if you have the odd day off.

Good luck!
  • podge83
    Options
    I try to exercise first thing in the morning, then I know it is done for the day. This morning I swam for an hour and then twice during the week I'll do hour sessions of zumba. I have a treadmill outside but I get SO bored on it.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    first, motivation has to come from within. No matter how many cheerleaders you have, you won't go too far unless you hate your current lifestyle enough and you know (and write down) the reasons why you hate it. If you don't hate your lifestyle enough, you're going to find it difficult to lose fat.

second, the nutrition part of things is 90% of where you will find success. exercise has its benefits as well, but what you eat and how much you eat is a ton more important to whether you will burn fat. As the saying goes, you can't out train bad eating.
  • ryno2020
    ryno2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Al, Nice to meet you!! It is awesome that you decided to start this journey!! What is your plan??
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    Does lifting also help lose your weight? And do you workout everyday on weekdays? Thanks.
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    first, motivation has to come from within. No matter how many cheerleaders you have, you won't go too far unless you hate your current lifestyle enough and you know (and write down) the reasons why you hate it. If you don't hate your lifestyle enough, you're going to find it difficult to lose fat.

second, the nutrition part of things is 90% of where you will find success. exercise has its benefits as well, but what you eat and how much you eat is a ton more important to whether you will burn fat. As the saying goes, you can't out train bad eating.

Eating is what i problem the most. When I get bored i tend to eat. In the morning I'm too lazy to eat because i dont have the appetite to eat. Any suggestions?
  • bullsfan22
    Options
    There will be a lot of articles on these boards about the benefits of lifting Al. Simple theory from me is, I am eating at a deficit, meaning approx 500-750 calories less than consumed through activity, therefore I can't see muscle definition increase, however after months of shedding fat with deficit eating, I have finally been able to see some muscles appear. My goal with lifting is to retain as much muscle mass as possible while doing cardio and eating well to shed the fat. When I hit my ideal weight/body comp I will continue to eat at maintenance (plus more if I am bulking) and lift.
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    Hey Al, Nice to meet you!! It is awesome that you decided to start this journey!! What is your plan??

Running. Eating less and healthy. Exercise. But still need much more discipline with myself. I only run about once a week only. I suck.
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pls add me too I need friends
  • allouismiguel
    Options
    There will be a lot of articles on these boards about the benefits of lifting Al. Simple theory from me is, I am eating at a deficit, meaning approx 500-750 calories less than consumed through activity, therefore I can't see muscle definition increase, however after months of shedding fat with deficit eating, I have finally been able to see some muscles appear. My goal with lifting is to retain as much muscle mass as possible while doing cardio and eating well to shed the fat. When I hit my ideal weight/body comp I will continue to eat at maintenance (plus more if I am bulking) and lift.

Thanks for the tips. Btw, how much weight have you lost already since you started your training.
  • bullsfan22
    Options
    I yo-yo'd a bit. Was highest at 234 two years ago or so (still have pics saved for my final success story post). A few months ago (around April end) I started getting back into it after my eye surgery (LASIK is the best decision second to getting healthy I've made this year). Since then I have lost about 23 or so pounds. All through eating well and lifting/swimming. Just recently started training for a 5K so running 3-4 days a week (however out of commission for a few more days after sprained ankle from bball).

As someone mentioned you have to want to do this for yourself more than anything else. That is the ultimate motivation. If it helps you (it does me) I often make small wagers with my friends/family about weight loss based on % lost. So far I am winning 2 bets (one I'm crushing my friend lost 6% more than him, and slightly ahead of my sister @2% ahead). It isn't about the $ or prize just motivation from my competitive nature. Funny thing is the prize with my friend is lunch on him at our fav restaurant for beers and burger.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

Eating is what i problem the most. When I get bored i tend to eat. In the morning I'm too lazy to eat because i dont have the appetite to eat. Any suggestions?

Look at food as fuel your body needs...not something you consume just because you're bored. Try to come up with a routine for eating, including breakfast. I focus on lean proteins, healthy fats and carbs with low glycemic index values. I do best when I make my own food and limit processed foods.
  • XTony713x
    XTony713x Posts: 4
    Options
    Motivation? I'm one my way lol
  • baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Al! I will help you:) Add me!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome Al! Feel free to add me! We all motivate ourselves here!