NSV- at least someone can see it!

Options
Heather032190
Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
So I know I haven't lost much, according to the scale I have been staying the same since I lost 4lbs. I don't have a tape measure so I haven't been able to use that to see if I have lost inches. I can tell my clothes (mainly my shirts) are fitting a little looser now.

So Sunday we went to my boyfriends family house for Father's day and one of his cousins came up to me and was like you been losing weight what are doing? I told her I have been using MFP and exercising. I was so excited to hear that someone can notice even when I barely notice!

My boyfriend has been eating healthy and since we moved in together recently I have been eating healthy also. He has been hitting the gym and has been doing well, between seeing him do good and the compliment from his cousin I am going to take that as a kick in the butt to get this healthy weight loss journey into gear and really get to my goal!

thanks for listening :smile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :wink:

Replies

• hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 4 lbs. Keep it going !!!!
  • Hfox3953
    Hfox3953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

It's great when others notice!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats on the lbs lost! It's great that you and your man are in it together, it makes it so much easier when you have a team mate :)
  • Heather032190
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :wink:
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome way to start your journey!! Nothing like getting that compliment right away to keep you motivated!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    that is awesome. congrats. that is such a good feeling when someone notices and you didnt expect them to notice. for me, it was a lady at the chinese buffet that my family and i go to EVERY friday (my dad likes fried fish that they have on fridays). i think she asked my mom if i lost weight when i got up and then she proceeded to compliment me herself. i was shocked. & ever since she always chats with us and asks how i am doing, tells me how amazing i look, and even brags about me to her daughters. she makes me feel super proud of myself and keeps me pushing forward and i dont even know her. (just her family goes every friday for the fried fish as well haha). [we live in a small town with limited restaurants]

so happy for you to experience that. keep pushing forward!!
  • Heather032190
    Options
    Thanks!

I wasn't expecting for anyone to say anything but just the fact that I am looking different to someone made me look at myself with success and I am going to continue on this with a bit of a different perspective. And I am glad I have someone like my boyfriend to be going thru this with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!