50+ lbs to lose, 40 something female friends please?

Options
Hi. I lost about 30 pounds on MFP a few years ago and am starting from scratch again. I tried it with and without MFP friends and found that the friend thing really helped. I apologize for everyone I suddenly dropped when I deleted my first account!

I have about 70 pounds to lose.

I recently realized that instead of getting angry and resentful that I need MFP or even to watch what I eat, I need to be thankful that there is a tool like this for me to use, and to just get back on the program.

I would love to find some MFP friends in a similar situation. No offense, but if you are under 40, male, have less than 50 or so pounds to lose, or you are a big-time exerciser, I am not comfortable friending you, yet. I need a protective bubble of like-minded (and like-bodied) gals who won't make me feel like a freak show.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• Hammer1229
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a Yo-Yo dieter and I have lost and gained weight on every single diet out there. They all work if you stick to them. You have to find what works best for YOU.....as an individual. I like this program cause for me it's all about choices....I can choose to eat whatever I want as long as when I get to zero on the calorie counter I stop for the day. Thats what works for me (this time). So far I have lost 47 lbs in about 3 months and thats with a 10 day ALL inclusive cruise that I proudly say I only gained 4.3 lbs on. I did NOT use this tool on my vacation but I was more aware of what I shoved in my mouth. Stick with this tool and utilize the support you can get from here and you know you can be successful. Good luck. I am down 47 but I have another 75 lbs to go. YOU CAN DO IT !!!
  • runboettcherrun
    runboettcherrun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can friend me.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    Wow, Great job!!! Thanks for sharing your successful journey with counting calories and MFP!!! That is encouraging!!:)
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm 43 and have 100 or so to lose. Would love like-minded friends, too! :):smile:
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Why only females and your name is Todd? Are you looking for a date?
  • Toddrundgren
    Options
    LOL, he is my favorite singer.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'd love some similar type friends. I'm 43, female, and I'm shooting to lose about 100 pounds or so. I've been doing the 30 day shred which is major big time exercise for me, but it's only been 7 days, and I'm not buff yet.
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 41 (almost 42). I've been using MFP consistently since the end of April. today, I hit the 20 lb loss mark!!! I still have about 75lbs left to lose. I work out 4-5x week, because my daughter swims and I have to drive her to the Y, so since I'm there anyway......I would love to have more friends to help me along this journey.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im 42 with about 50 lbs to lose. You can friend me. And you can do this. I know exactly how you feel.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    request sent!!
  • rosysoto
    rosysoto Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello I'm Rosy From Anaheim Ca :)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can add me too (all are welcome to add me)! I am 42, and want to lost about 60 total. The scale hasn't budged much lately, but I started tracking my measurements a few weeks ago and I am seeing changes there.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40. I have about 40 lbs to lose. I've been up and down...at my best I've lost 72lbs, but have gained some of that back. I love to exercise but need the help staying on track eating healthy. If you want you could friend me too. :)
  • Toddrundgren
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind replies. I have a good group of friends started!