Ready to Lose the pounds!

LucyLoo6
LucyLoo6 Posts: 12
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all,
I heard about this website on The Today Show this week, and this is my 3rd day. I've managed to put on almost 20 pounds after being diagnosed with uterine cancer, and having a total hysterectomy in December 2008 (at age 44). I'm hoping by logging every:flowerforyou: thing that goes in my mouth, exercising at least 5 days a week, and the support that seems so great on this website, that I will be able to lose these pounds in a very positive and fun way.

Replies

• scarletjg
    scarletjg Posts: 29 Member
    Welcome Lucy! We'll all be here for you as much as you need us!
  • LucyLoo6
    Thank you so much for the show of support! Congrats on already losing 8 pounds! What have you found to help you be successful thus far?
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Welcome, what a great place to recover. I picked this one because it broke down more then fat & sugar but iron, calcium, fiber, and focus' as much on health as losing weight. Great support to.
  • ldomo
    ldomo Posts: 1
    You can be my motivation! Stage 4 colon cancer discovered during complete hysterectomy Dec. 2009 - when I was 39! chemo for life. My body reacts different now - not sure if it is lack of hormones or chemo side effects. I'm hoping logging everything that goes in my mouth will help too!
  • LucyLoo6
    Thank you! I'm already having so much fun logging everything throughout the day - it really helps me to keep me focused and motivated.
  • lsjobom
    lsjobom Posts: 5
    Welcome Lucy,

I went thru Colon Cancer in March 2008. This Thanksgiving I have been in remission for 2 years. It's been a long road back, but we can do it. Chemo does a number on the body, This is my second day. I love this site. Logging in everything that goes in your mouth is very helpful. Good Luck on yo0ur new journey
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome Lucy!! Enjoy your journey you will love the positive reinforcement you find here. Feel free to friend me if you need some buddies.
  • LucyLoo6
    Thank you for your support!!! I hope we can offer each other support on this new journey to weight loss and a healthier lifestyle. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.