Hello from Missouri!

Options
Hi to all! I'm so glad I found this as a way of tracking my progress. I love they way you can add foods and exercise and it adds and subtracts everything for you! LOVE IT!!

On a personal note, I'm here because after having my daughter I had unexplained weight gain. After two and a half years I was finally diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I won't go into all the details, however, the basis of PCOS is insulin resistance. I actually have to eat a lower carb diet than most and will for the rest of my life. However, I choose from from fruits and vegetables most of the time and only splurge once in awhile. I really needed to be accountable for the things I was putting in my mouth. My first day entering a typical day's food I realized I wasn't eating enough calories. I was actually shocked to see that I was eating less than 900 calories and was working out! So this has been an eye opener for me to say the least. Just because you eat five times a day doesn't mean you get enough food. So I'm adding more fruits and vegetables, as well as healthy carbs like oatmeal.

I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible and I wish everyone a great holiday and a Happy New Year!!

Toni

Replies

• tannedtoni
    Options
    Hi to all! I'm so glad I found this as a way of tracking my progress. I love they way you can add foods and exercise and it adds and subtracts everything for you! LOVE IT!!

On a personal note, I'm here because after having my daughter I had unexplained weight gain. After two and a half years I was finally diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I won't go into all the details, however, the basis of PCOS is insulin resistance. I actually have to eat a lower carb diet than most and will for the rest of my life. However, I choose from from fruits and vegetables most of the time and only splurge once in awhile. I really needed to be accountable for the things I was putting in my mouth. My first day entering a typical day's food I realized I wasn't eating enough calories. I was actually shocked to see that I was eating less than 900 calories and was working out! So this has been an eye opener for me to say the least. Just because you eat five times a day doesn't mean you get enough food. So I'm adding more fruits and vegetables, as well as healthy carbs like oatmeal.

I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible and I wish everyone a great holiday and a Happy New Year!!

Toni
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    welcome
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard from your Kansas Neighbor to your West. :bigsmile:
    I think that as a whole we should all watch what we put in our mouths.
    Which is why this is such a good site. I have learned that if you write it down and SEE what you are eating, that you are more accountable for it.
    Like a lot of people that are here I am sure that I am not alone in telling your how helpful this site is, and how much better I feel about myself and in general.
    I look forward to more posts from you. BTW...
    Can you tell us more about your medical condition?
    I have never heard of it before. I am interested in knowing more.
    --Diann:flowerforyou:
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    welcome from Org. born in Washington
  • webebeer
    Options
    Welcome....Glad your here...This site is really helpful....and great support too
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Missouri.
    Glad to have you aboard. Good luck to you:flowerforyou:

Have you seen this site??
    www.soulcysters.com/weight_loss.html - 38k
  • pamebn2
    Options
    Welcome, Missouri! I'm new to this site, too. I was attracted by being able to keep track of my calories and exercise, too. Good luck to you!