Ladies lifting results?

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
Yup, just wanting to see some motivation and inspiration, really. I've been lifting for a while and personally, I don't see a difference, but I also haven't taken pictures or measured recently. But may I see some of your results?

Replies

• caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump for later..
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    In, cause these threads are my favorite.

also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1021118-from-navy-fit-to-not-as-fit-and-working-back

If you scroll to the bottom of my long story you can see my results for the first stage of New Rules of Lifting for Women. Nothing OMG amazing, but my back shows some real changes, and that was only in 5 weeks.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I read this recently and it came to mind:

“It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t QUIT!”

Stay positive! Over time, things will start to come together and you will be fierce!
  • Thof84
    Thof84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can give you the "flip side" of NOT lifting. I used to lift regularly, pretty heavy weights for a female; none of that 5-10lb crap. I was benching over 100lbs and curling 25-30lbs to give you an idea.

Anyway, after getting pregnant and just not having/making time to lift at home or go to the gym, and not playing volleyball 3+ times a week, over 3 years I have noticed substantial changes to my muscles, now covered by 40 extra pounds of fat. :( My shoulders are smaller, legs jigglier, and my butt isn't quite as round as it used to be.

Keep lifting. If you aren't getting the results you want, that means it's time to change what you are doing. Lift heavier, do different movements. If you need ideas, pick up some magazines. Or try P90X, that will shock your system. Good luck.
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    I read this recently and it came to mind:

“It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t QUIT!”

Stay positive! Over time, things will start to come together and you will be fierce!
    Jesus. 12 weeks. I think it's been about 4 now, dealing with body weight training while I was on vacation last week. I get to back to the normal gym now that I'm back. I guess I'll see something new when I start college in August.
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CLX for just over 3 weeks. While I'm not seeing huge changes yet (heck it's ONLY been 3 weeks!) changes are happening!
    8f2b9fca-6796-495f-9728-5ac921d2c8fe.jpg
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE believer in lifting. Besides it building muscle and giving your body more definition, it also helps burn more calories when you're doing less-strenuous activities, including even just sitting around doing nothing -- ever since I heard that some years ago, I've been like sign me up!

Anyway, so these aren't huge changes for what you're looking for, but they're a work in progress -- you can see my arms, neck and shoulders slimming out and toning up a bit. I just started getting serious about getting in shape around a month ago, and the "current/after" shot was from just a week ago, compared to the last two summers and up until last month.

01__July2011.jpg

02__May2012.jpg

I have two 20lb. weights at home that I use -- I was using them a lot more religiously (like, several times a week) before a week or so ago when I started 30DS. For that, however, I've been mostly using these two 5lb. weights because trying to do that whole video with 20lb.-ers would be SUICIDE..at least for now, lol.. But I'm also incorporating a lil' of the 20lbs. into 30DS as well as in general.

Keep at it, and good luck!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at bodybuilder.com female success stories. They are very inspirational!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    bump :smokin:
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been using free weights for over a year now.I lOVE the results.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just recently started lifting as well...would love to see some strong women on this thread!!!! :)
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    I've been using free weights for over a year now.I lOVE the results.
    Go you :D
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    I just recently started lifting as well...would love to see some strong women on this thread!!!! :)
    Woo :3
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Don't stop lifting...it's a very important component in fitness. Women especially need to incorporate this in their weekly fitness routines. Cardio burns fat and strength training builds muscle AND burns fat. Lifting will reshape your body and make you stronger. I've been using weights since January 2010. I'm not a HEAVY lifter but have dumbbells that go up to a combined weight of 105 lbs. I workout at home.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I Love to Lift....I have taken a break from it recently to lean out a little more by doing P90x...but I can't say enough of how I had great results from Lifting ONLY....below is beginning doing Cardio base/Interval training and After pictures is doing Jamie Eason 12wLivefit with doing weights only.....I was hesitate at first but afterwards I was so thankful for doing it..

th_6bc00925-359c-45a6-963e-9179a8c18878_zps760004a7.jpg
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    before%252Baftersamedress.png

front+small.png

I'm actually about 4 pounds heavier in the last picture than the first. This is about 10 months of lifting altogether, NROL4W then NROL Supercharged.
  • jpatte28
    jpatte28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently completed a very modified version of P90X(did not follow nutrition plan)and found that at 12 weeks people did notice and nicely commented!! I lost 2 clothing sizes(no weight) and gained a lot of muscle definition. Keep lifting!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    You all look fantastic! A former classmate I saw who works at the gym I went to today (the one I usually go to was wayyy too full) said she could tell I'm losing weight and that I look nice so that makes me happy. I guess I'll have to wait and see
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I posted a blog about this yesterday. Lifting has been a very emotional process for me and I thought that I was not getting any results from it, until I found an old photo. I’m sharing the pictures as an encouragement to continue lifting even when your “eyes” don’t let you see the truth. Your body is changing and adapting. One day you will look back and be glad that you kept at it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Lynnsr1/view/i-can-finally-see-what-heavy-lifting-has-done-for-me-yeah-yeah-with-pics-544051

e6df2251-e694-4378-b215-e0b9f9bc5b60_zps26e8d35f.jpg

This picture is one year after having my first baby and at pre-pregnancy weight.

3b3b5038-44aa-43dc-b28d-fb260c1db27b_zpsbe6938fb.jpg
    This one is about a month ago and after my second child. I am also 10lbs heavier that the first picture.

With the first picture I lost weight dieting alone (about 40 lbs) and with the second one I've lost with a calorie deficit and lifting since February/2013.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!