First day, 100 lbs to lose.

Options
2»

Replies

• oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    welcome. this a great site and works if you stay with it. Do not focus on your main goals set your sights every 10 pounds or so. Enjoy the little victories like when you clothes get baggy or you can do little things. Be patient when you hit times when your weight slows. Remember not to be hard on yourself when you slip, we all have. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • big2sma11
    big2sma11 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi I have 105lbs to loose and have also just started MFP yesterday. I am 35, married and I have a 4yr old, 6yr old and 8yr old. Would love some new friends to help me on my journey and hopefully I can help them too xx
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations for taking the time for you and your health! Feel free to add me as a friend. I log on everyday, actually several times a day and since joining in January, I am down 43 lbs. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose also!! We can do it together!! I actually started MFP last year but didn't really do what I was suppose to and just started back 20 days ago....I had gained 17lbs the past year since I used MFP last year and I know its going to take a lot of hard work and dedication but I have got to do something to get this weight off!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a very long way to go to meet my ultimate goal weight of 150#, but I've lost 22# in ~10 weeks. I log every day, try to exercise at least 30 minutes/day, and my diary is open. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • itzadiazdeleon
    Options
    I want to really lose some weight and have noticed this website is really helping and I know it will help you. Just don't give up after the bad days because believe me there will be some but you just have to keep going. Every day is different! Good luck!:happy:
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! This site is really great and so is the motivation and support that you get from others on here. I started here with 165 pounds to lose and am pretty darn sure that I would not have lost what I have so far (or gotten back on the bandwagon every time I fell off.. ) if it wasn't for MFP.

Good luck on your journey and you are welcome to add me :)
  • samjr1111
    samjr1111 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have over 100lbs. to lose. I have always battled with my weight, but in the last few years, I let it win without a fight. I would like to be your weight loss buddy. We all need someone to help us be accountable. :happy:
  • RichardDickCobb
    RichardDickCobb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As a longtime user of the iPhone App: "myfitnesspal" (Free), I can attest to its key roll in assisting me in reducing my caloric intake through recording the things I eat at each meal. The App allows you to scan barcodes on food products, so you can closely monitor the number of calories you consume at each and every meal and snacks. Its "Search" element will allow you find all food items from its vast database of food items. It is easy to use, and I recommend it as you begin your weight control effort.

First, see your doctor and let them know you are going to start a diet (let them suggest the types of food to include in your daily diet). Also, download the free APP "BMI" (Body Mass Index). You enter your height and weight, and it calculates your BMI and indicates what your healthy weight should be. It's a good one!

Additionally, I recommend the APP: "Digifit" (Free). This app uses it's GPS element to record the distance you walk, calories burned, time and distance, and presents you with a map showing where your exercise started and ended. Be Bold! These Apps help you to measure your diet and exercise plan. Just do it, and let our group know how you are doing. Any questions? Send an email to: richardobbsr@comcast.net
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and taking the first step to a healthier and happier you. This journey has it's ups and downs but always reach out and ask for support and help that is what we are here for . We are all in this together and all want to be healthy and happy good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you would like.:flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have alot of weight to lose too. I just started last Monday with my diet and exercise plan. Feel free to add me.
  • serioustuff
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Don't get overwhelmed by the number, just work on developing good habits. Make a plan and don't let yourself fail. Good luck--you can do it! :smile:
  • bryonyh25
    bryonyh25 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey its my first day today too ive got two childrent and having them means little time to exercise and look after yourself throw in a full time job n hey presto you have piled on the weight n i jst want to lose enough weight to feel comfortable in my own skin
  • Nanee5_12
    Nanee5_12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! (All that responded can as well :-) ) We all need as much support as we can get!