Looking to lose about 60-80 pounds

Options
Hi, I'm 22 years old and I have struggled with my weight since my early tweenie years (11/12). I also suffer from very bad posture but I am currently working on that (any tips would be great!). I'm looking to lose 60-80 pounds and have thus far lost 13lbs! I've been lurking around the boards for awhile and finally decided it was time to post. I am very easily defeated so I seek a lot of encouragement and cheerleading from others, this helps keep me motivated and in turn helps me encourage myself. I keep very busy; I work Full-time managing a restaurant, go to school Full-time and take care of my sick Mother, so I don't always have time to get to the gym - any ideas on quick/fun exercises is greatly appreciated as well. I look forward to my journey on MFP and hope to see some more results soon!

Replies

• randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the steps to get started! And way to go on the weight loss already! Feel free to add me if you are looking for motivation - I have several pounds left to loose and am always looking for people who are motivated because it really helps!
    I log in daily and I've been working out 4-6 days a week since January and it has really helped me feel better each day and feel better about myself!
    Good luck in the future!
  • RichardDickCobb
    RichardDickCobb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been successful in recovering my health through healthy eating, including portion control, and a reasonable exercise program that consists walking only. I can give you encouragement and solid advice. Want to sharing? Be my friend?
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    Great job so far on your weight loss! Am so very glad at your young age you have taken the step to do something for yourself, and what better way then to get into a better health style. . :)
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    What a great start. I'm working on losing at least 70 pounds. As for posture, upper back exercises are good. Start out with shoulder blade squeezes - squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold 5 seconds, relax and repeat. Another common problem with posture in women is tight chest muscles. For that try a corner or doorway stretch - hold 30 seconds. :)
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For exercise, with such a busy schedule, I highly recommend parking far away and walking in to wherever you go and taking stairs instead of elevators when possible. These are small things you can do that add up without taking a lot of time with your already busy schedule.
    That's all I got for now!
    Feel free to add me.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - im 23 and have a similar amount to lose, im trying to make lots of smaller changes that are easy to do - stairs instead of lifts and more water than hot chocolate :)
    good luck!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing weight & eating healthy.I'm old enough to be your Grma,but I'm also trying to eat healthy & lose weight.
    My tip is to do it when you are young,cause it gets harder as years go by.
    You've made a great start!....& this is a good place to find encouragement. I try to post every day. You are welcome to be my friend.We can never have too many friends to help us be losers.
    Walking is an easy exercise,cause you can do it when ever your schedule allows.Best of luck to you.
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    good job to all of you on your journey, and we all know it's not easy but motivation and consistency is the key to success.
    i have been on MFP for more then a year and lost 60+ already. if you want some tips and advice on fitness and nutrtion feel free to add me.