More calories burned ??

Options
Does working out in the morning time make you burn more calories during the day ?
I'm curious because the last 2 days I did an hour of cardio in the morning and then after lunch took my dog walking and seem to have a higher calorie burn according to my HRM both days during my walk
Has this anything got to do with working out in the morning ??

Replies

• 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nope - it's calories in calories out and calories burned in any one period of time. The time of eating or exercising makes no difference.

Jen

jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com
  • bvcathy
    bvcathy Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

I was told many years ago that morning workouts are better because you get your metabolism revved up for the day and therefore burn more calories. But I also think it depends on the individual, your body and how your body responds to exercise. I'm no expert. Just sharing what was shared with me.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I see I was just curious as my heart rate is definitely abit higher during the last 2 days during my walk was wondering had heard that aswell morning workouts rev your metabolism , so just a coincidence so ?
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are getting fitter and can walk faster?

Jen
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I see I was just curious as my heart rate is definitely abit higher during the last 2 days during my walk was wondering had heard that aswell morning workouts rev your metabolism , so just a coincidence so ?

Lots of things affect HR... caffeine, stress, etc. Perhaps you've been walking faster/harder...

It's likely indicative of nothing meaningful.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ya maybe could be a number of things I suppose was just curious , it would give me great motivation to get a early morning workout in every morning , haha .
    Thanks anyway for yer replies
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    what everyone else is saying. I work out at random times and see no difference with what my hrm says. HRMs can be wonky for calorie burns. They're more for straight up cardio. If you hit a hill your heart will spike. If you're carrying more weight your heart will spike. If it is warmer your heart will spike. While you would be burn more calories hrms tend to over exadurate those burns. According to my HRM when I'm drinking I burn calories like mad...if only that were true :D