Eating Clean or If it Fits your Macros?

Options
choface
choface Posts: 107 Member
For fun I want to see a tally of Myfitnesspaller's take on losing weight. Do you eat clean or do you eat what you want as long as it fits your calories and macros? Copy and paste the tally. Also how its going for you on whichever one you do?

Eat clean 0
IIFYM 1

Replies

• CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    just eating..my name says it all
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your definition of each of these are. People interpret them differently.

But I'll just say IIFYM.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    For fun I want to see a tally of Myfitnesspaller's take on losing weight. Do you eat clean or do you eat what you want as long as it fits your calories and macros? Copy and paste the tally. Also how its going for you on whichever one you do?

Eat clean 0
    IIFYM 1

Someone doesn't understand IIFYM, psst: eating clean is IIFYM
  • choface
    Options
    I'm basing it on someone who eats a poptart or Mcdonald's as long as they hit their carbs/fats/protein versus someone who won't put anything processed in their mouth.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Both? I do my best to eat clean but the odd time if I want to have a scoop of ice cream or a few nachos then I will just make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I'm basing it on someone who eats a poptart or Mcdonald's as long as they hit their carbs/fats/protein versus someone who won't put anything processed in their mouth.

I'm also going out on a limb here and going to say don't think you know what processed is either
  • mizgiet
    mizgiet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both, but mostly IIFYM... it's so expensive to eat clean these days I think.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I just eat, exercise, and count calories.
    Foxtrot macros.
    Foxtrot eating "clean"
    Foxtrot starving.
  • choface
    Options
    What do you eat ACG 67?
  • highervibes
    Options
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Do clean eaters not take macros and calories into consideration? I would consider myself somewhere in the middle of the eat-mcdonalds-daily or the didn't-hunt-it-don't-eat-it camp.
  • Acg67
    Options
    What do you eat ACG 67?

Foods that I like
  • choface
    Options
    Clean eating fits macros (I didn't think I would need to say that). I'm saying who doesn't eat junk (eats healthy) vs who eats what nutritionists consider "junk" as long it fits in their macros or calories?
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Just eat what you like :) As long as I'm within my calorie range and meeting my split of carbs/protein/fats I'm happy. I like eating a tub of Ben & Jerrys 3-4 nights a week, but hey thats just me! Diets don't have to be boring.
  • choface
    Options
    That's how I feel. If I can fit chips or bacon in here or there, I will. I was just gonna see if their were any clean eaters out there to follow so I could check diaries and see new suggestions of cleaner eats and treats.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of both, but if I'm eating really clean, I don't pay as much attention to the calories.
  • highervibes
    Options
    That's how I feel. If I can fit chips or bacon in here or there, I will. I was just gonna see if their were any clean eaters out there to follow so I could check diaries and see new suggestions of cleaner eats and treats.

This is pretty subjective... I consider bacon a clean food :p I eat it almost every morning hehehe.
  • highervibes
    Options
    Just eat what you like :) As long as I'm within my calorie range and meeting my split of carbs/protein/fats I'm happy. I like eating a tub of Ben & Jerrys 3-4 nights a week, but hey thats just me! Diets don't have to be boring.

This has got to be much easier on 2500 calories/day than it is on 1800. If I ate 1100 calories of icecream 3-4x/week my micros would suffer pretty miserably. It wouldn't leave much room for more nutrient dense food. I'd either a. go over on calories or b. go under on vitamins and minerals. Either one would be not cool to do regularly.
  • choface
    Options
    I like my bacon bad. Fatty and greasy and heavenly. When I eat it. :)