what is High protein food ?

Options
saleh1988
saleh1988 Posts: 44 Member
hi everone

1.what is High proten program ?

and is it good for beginner bodybuilder?

Replies

• choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you are asking what are good high protein foods?

Chicken is like 31 grams of protein for 100 grams of chicken. Really good per caloric intake.

Now this program thing?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    eggs/egg whites
    Greek yogurt
    Lean cuts of:
    Beef
    Pork
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Other Meats
    Cottage Cheese

off the top of my head :)

edit: oops, missed the "program" part. I assume you're asking for recommendations for a high protein eating regimen that is good for body builders... since I'm not one I'll defer that part to them :)
  • erpar4
    erpar4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard from a friend who lifts, if you are in the "bulking stage" of body building it's important to get lots of good calories in, eat 6-8 meals a day and eat lots of protein, I've heard anywhere from 1g-2g per kg of bodyweight. Eat lots of chicken, egg whites, white fish, extra lean ground turkey breast, london broil, turkey, etc.

Hope that helps!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Calculate the calories per gram of protein. Anything under 10 calories per gram of protein is generally alright. The closer to the magical 4 calories per gram you can get the better.

Here's a list:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

Edit: And yes. Proteins are what create muscle and such. You need them. You need a lot of them. There are formulas out there, but basically double whatever MFP tells you out of the box....maybe even triple it.