First Place 4 Health

Options
Is anyone doing First Place 4 Health? If so, let's talk :flowerforyou: .

Replies

• losingnow
    Options
    I have went through the first 2 books and love them!!!!! My church is going to start the third one in Sept. Can't wait!!! I would love to chat about this!!!!
  • rebmcg
    rebmcg Posts: 29
    Options
    Wonderful--We are in our third week and this study is great. It looks like you are doing great and it will be good to encourage each other. (Guess we can count that on our FP tracking.
  • rebmcg
    Options
    Still looking for friends who are doing First Place study.
  • ElleBee2001
    Options
    We have a FP4H group at our church and I love it! You quickly learn that it is so much more than weight. I've lost about 6 pounds this session and we are half way through. I didn't join fitnesspal until several weeks after we started.
  • rebmcg
    Options
    Oh! I am so glad to hear from you. I signed on to MFP and FP4H at about the same time so this group has been my support system. MFP is a great way to track.

We are doing "Giving Christ Control" --Which study are you doing?
  • ElleBee2001
    Options
    We are doing Seek God First. It is WONDERFUL! All of the studies I've done have been really good and apply to so much more than weight loss, because everyone has something that they struggle with and are tempted by.
  • Bettany
    Bettany Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you still active on this site? I just started First Place 4 Health.
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in learning more about the First Place (Christian) weight loss group, but there is not a group near me.
    I would love to hear from anyone actively doing the First Place program.
  • Bettany
    Bettany Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have just started the program two weeks ago. We have our next meeting this week. Since it is summer, the group only meets every two weeks. I really like this program. In the past, when I tried to lose weight I always failed. I could never even get out of the starting gate, but now I am doing pretty good. I don't know that I am completely kosher yet, but the fact that I have established control over my eating means a lot.

The program emphasizes the body, spirt, and mind. There is a lot of Bible Study (I like the fact that the material is not specific to one type of Christian Church, it is pretty interdenominational) actually each night you have a passage to read and questions to answer. There are several books and videos that accompany the initial package so it is a little overwhelming. I spoke w/the leader of my group the other day and I guess I was leaping ahead of the group by reading some of the other books and watching one of the DVDs . Two DVDs accompany the package, I have only watched one, but it is really good. It is a psychologist talking about her journey to weight loss and the success of that paralleling her Christian faith. I thought it was very informative.

The diet itself is centered around the food pyramid, however, it looks a little complicated. It wants you to lump your choices under one of the main food groups, but when you get to casseroles, etc. you have more to figure out.

I have to say what I like most about this program is that there is so much that you are trying to transform that I am not hyper focusing on the weight loss part. In the past, I just got obsessed w/food and what I am giving up.

I hope this helps.
  • trwagner1
    trwagner1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just found a group here, but there's no posts...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/682-first-place-4-health