Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Preworkout supplements?

Lisseth03
Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
has anyone taken Amino Energy? it was recomended to me by a co worker. I need a pre workout supplement that'll give me the energy boost I need(working two jobs, 4AM shifts is killing my energy/workout motivation)

appreciate it

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    It's not a bad one, but their higher end one (Platinum Pre-) is better. That being said, your body has a tendency to adapt quickly to the specific blend of ingredients used in pre-workouts, so finding just one that you like isn't enough. You have to find like 4 or 5 good ones that work for you and cycle between them as needed.

Depending on whether you prefer one with or without creatine, my recommendations for ones that have worked great for me are:

*WITHOUT CREATINE
    -Optimum Nutrition Platinum PRE-
    -BSN HyperFX
    -GNC Ravage (if you can stand the taste, which is awful)
    -Optimum Nutrition AmiNO

*WITH CREATINE
    -Musclepharm Assault
    -Cellucor C4
    -Bodybuilding.com SCREAM
    -Driven Sports Craze

*ONES I'VE TRIED THAT SUCK (for me anyway)
    -ProMera Beta-Cret
    -GNC Amplified Muscle Igniter 4x
    -Muscletech NaNo Vapor
    -BSN NO Explode 2.0
    -BPI 1MR
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Coffee.
  • Never heard of Amino Energy. Caffeine is one of the best supplements to take before working out (lifting or cardio). Increased focus and boosts energy. If you want something more fancy or geared toward weight training a pre work out supplement with caffeine, creatine and some amino acids would be good ( products like N.O. Xplode or C4). They are pretty tasty too but pricey. Just make sure enough aren't too sensitive to caffeine since these products usually have a decent amount in them.

Good luck!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Muscle Pharm Assault
    StimForce
    Platinum Pre
    NO Explode

alot of the stuff you can get for a pretty good price at www.supplementwarehouse.com, they even price match
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Uh! I took a sample one from GNC and it made my feel very icky!!! I felt shaky, couldn't eat breakfast nor lunch, forced myself to eat dinner. Felt like my heart was pounding super fast and I had kottonmouth. My only suggestion is if its your first time trying something, maybe try a half dose?? Just my suggestion from my experience. Also, I usually dont have much caffeine in my diet. Just a cup of coffee in the mornings is about all the caffeine I get so maybe that is why I had such a bad experience.???
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Sorry- I forgot to mention, i dont remember what brand or kind of pre workout it was that I took
  • Nhaas37
    Nhaas37 Posts: 47 Member
    has anyone taken Amino Energy? it was recomended to me by a co worker. I need a pre workout supplement that'll give me the energy boost I need(working two jobs, 4AM shifts is killing my energy/workout motivation)

appreciate it

I have tried it and I like it. I do not use the 2 scoops I found it too be too much but as a previous poster said it will depend on your body. The watermelon one has a good flavour
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    I used to use SuperPump by Gaspari. It was always just what I needed to push through the workout, mainly the weight training. It eventually stalled for me. I have since started taking CRAZE and I love it. I started with half of the recommended dosage and now I am a full 2 scoops (actual serving). I am up at 5AM to workout and work a full time job and have a 15mo old child to chase after 5pm. I do not feel the crash and burn of a lot of the others. Just something to think about.
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Have you used the Muscle Assault? My husband just bought it. He used to use NO-Ex but the new formula makes his face itch. lol Muscle had great reviews and wanted to give it a try. THanks.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    My bf takes MRI black powder ultra and swears by it. He normally doesn't consume caffiene though so he gets really wired on his workout days lol.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    thanks for the replies! ended up getting some cellucor c4 and some other samples