New ID, same old me

Options
Hi Folks,

This is my second go around on MFP. The first time was fairly successful. But, as life goes, I got sidetracked & hadn't been able to get back to any sort of self regulation.

But I'm very thankful for the opportunity of a 're-do'. And this time I've got an actual method to my madness that I've been able to stick to for a few weeks. I'm running the 5-2 diet, as referenced here by Dr. Gabe Mirkin http://www.drmirkin.com/public/ezine022612.html

There are a number of published diets following the same method that are actually geared for weight loss, but I'm regarding that as actually a nice side benefit. I'm trying to keep calories down to around 1500 on the '5' days and 500 on the '2'.

I am finding the days following the fasts are, not surprisingly, difficult to keep at the 1500 mark. So I'm not being too hard on myself. I'm hoping that becomes less of a problem. Perhaps more balanced approaches on the days after can help.

I would welcome friend adds, as any additional support would be fantastic. I would hope to help support in return.

Thanks & good luck, everybody!

-Dik

Replies