Anyone have a good Turkey Meatloaf recipe?

Options
KatieKlotz
KatieKlotz Posts: 20 Member
Thanks!

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I use 2 pounds ground turkey
    2 eggs
    chopped onion
    italian bread crumbs
    seasonings of choice
    mix
    bake
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I sub quick oats for bread crumbs in mine..
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use 2 pounds ground turkey
    2 eggs
    chopped onion
    italian bread crumbs
    seasonings of choice
    mix
    bake

I use all this except the bread crumbs. I use quick oats as well usually 1c of oats per pound of meat. I also put Lea & Pearins in my loaf. I bake it in muffin trays makes determing servings a lot easier
  • vdub88
    vdub88 Posts: 79
    Options
    quick oats is the way to go, plenty of onion, i add a few peppers
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I actually looked this up awhile ago for myself but haven't made it.... I just thought the idea of using a muffin pan was BRILLIANT!

http://www.dietsinreview.com/recipes/taras-turkey-mini-meatloaf/

Tara's Turkey Mini-Meatloaf
    Biggest Loser season 7 all-star Tara Costa's favorite ranch recipe.

Per Meatloaf: 110 Calories, 1g Fat, 25mg Cholesterol, 180mg Sodium, 6g Carbohydrates, 16g Protein, <1g Fiber

Yield: Serves 9

Ingredients
    1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
    1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
    2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
    1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® lean ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    2 egg whites
    For Topping

1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
    1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand)
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined.

In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meatloaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meatloaf. Return meatloaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves.
  • ttunikki
    Options
    I actually just made this tonight!

1 lb ground lean turkey
    1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    2 T ketchup
    2 T worchestire
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 medium yellow onion
    1/2 cup red bell pepper
    salt & pepper to taste

top with tomato sauce ( I use sugar free, but I can only find it on the internet)

makes 8 servings
  • GLW1969
    GLW1969 Posts: 23
    Options
    i use 1-2 lbs. of ground turkey
    1 egg
    1/2 cup of rice
    some diced tomatoes about 1 cups worth
    to season it i use 2 tsp of Mrs. dash
    and cover it with some picante sauce

my kids like it this way and i can actually get them to eat it :smile:
  • mymeow
    mymeow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a slow cooker meatloaf recipe that I just put in a slow cooker thread on here a couple days ago. You can use either lean ground beef or turkey; I've done both!
  • theatremack
    Options
    Turkey Mini Meatloaves from Cook Yourself Thin - I really like the added spinach in them, plus it's a great way to get kids to eat veggies :) I also just tear up the slice of bread I don't actually food processes it - much easier and I use a large muffin tin pan to make the 4 meatloaves - each muffin cup is the size of 1 cup.

Serves 4
    Calories per serving, meatloaves: 227

For the meatloaves
    1 slice whole-wheat bread
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 onion, diced
    5-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
    1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
    2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
    1 large egg
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

For the glaze
    3 tablespoons ketchup
    2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon hot sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange oven racks to accommodate two dishes being cooked simultaneously.

2. Grind the bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl, and pour milk over crumbs.

3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, and stir until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl with soaked crumbs. Add the turkey, cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine the mixture with your hands until well mixed; it will be quite wet.

4. Pack 1 cup of the mixture into a 1-cup dry measuring cup. Invert the cup onto a rimmed baking sheet, gently shaking the cup to release the mixture. Gently pat the mound to smooth its shape. Repeat three times with remaining mixture. Bake mini meatloaves until cooked through and golden, about 40 minutes.

5. While the meatloaves are cooking, make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Brush over meatloaves.
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    I like to use poultry seasoning to give it the taste of thanksgiving!