tempations lingering!

Options
I always find that I've done so well all day, kept under my calorie goal. Then the evening boredom sets in and I grab handfuls of this handfuls of that. Before you know it you blow up your calories for the day
any tips of how to avoid this? how can you tell yourself you've already had enough!

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, and honestly I just can't keep it in the house. I bought a bag of goldfish and brought a serving to work. Then in the evening I find myself munching away.
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try some hard candy wurthers (sp) come in a sugar free variety that has only 40 calories for 5 pieces these take away my sweet cravings!
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you can do that will take your mind of the bordem.
    Go for a quick walk around the block. i know that when I have those moments I leash up my dog and head outside. Get me out of the kitchen and away from what is tempting me.
    Another trick I do is drink water....when I have a moment I start to drink water, eventually for me it passes.

Those are just 2 of the ways I fight temptation, maybe one could work for you.
    Good Luck! You can do it!
    :) Crystal
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    You just have to make yourself not get it, I have completely stopped putting any morsel in my mouth after 6 PM .. when we have dinner as a family. Then I will have a tall glass of water around 8 o'clock. I suggest sucking on sugar free candy, like Eliannasmom suggested, or chewing Trident Gum ..
  • MadHatR5
    MadHatR5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am an evening snacker too. Since I know this, I try to eat lighter during the day leaving extra calories for the evening.
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I allow myself one small treat at the end of the day like a cookie, chocolate chips or whatever I've been craving if I had a good day. It helps keep me motivated throughout the day and control my horrible sweet cravings.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I've found that planning out my entire day, including snacks, the evening before or morning of has helped stymie mindless munching. If you know in advance you have budgeted for a handful (or 100 cal. pack) of goldfish crackers, it's not a mindless munch! Good luck :)
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I put a huge water bottle if cold water in front of me. For some reason when I'm drinking water, I am no longer craving something
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    maybe you aren't getting enough food durring the day, try eating more at breakfast. Lkie 4 egg white , .5 ounce cheese, multi grain 100 calorie english muffin, 1tsp. real butter on the muffin and some berries=220 calories

2 egg whites,1 canadian bacon,english muffin with 1 tsp. butter, and strawberries= 260 calories

Baskin and robbin makes a sugar free hard candy 10 calories each cookies and cream
  • disneybuff323
    Options
    personally I have a weakness for ice cream. I put all my power into not getting up to get any last night, although it was being eaten right in front of me! you can do it! trident gum really helps