Hatred is the best motivator

Options
I lose the most weight when I hate someone - gives me the best motivation to get in shape. Just sayin...

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    TOwCW40.gif
  • starvinkevin
    starvinkevin Posts: 331
    Options
    I mean I dont get it
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of recently divorced people get in shape quickly, so there is probably some truth to that. However, all they have done is work on their body. That isn't health, that is just fitness, and the hate they feel is usually some self-hate directed at their EX. The hatred is what really needs to go first.
  • starvinkevin
    starvinkevin Posts: 331
    Options
    Yeah I noticed that too. I've also seen fat pissed off people get in shape fast. I think anger is a great short-term motivator - honestly, hatred feels freakin good and getting revenge even better.
    I see a lot of recently divorced people get in shape quickly, so there is probably some truth to that. However, all they have done is work on their body. That isn't health, that is just fitness, and the hate they feel is usually some self-hate directed at their EX. The hatred is what really needs to go first.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Meh. I would rather use that energy for something constructive and positive. You can get even better results that way.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    kevin, are you so angry because you are starvin?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

And sometimes, people are relived and happy to get out of a bad marriage/situation that breeds emotional eating, depression and just plain "miserableness". All kinda good things can happen when you are happy with yourself again, even weight loss and fitness!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    TOwCW40.gif

I don't know why but this made me laugh so hard.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Hatred is the BEST!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't think hatred has ANYTHING positive about it!! I don't hate anyone; life's too short for that crap. MY best motivator is feeling pleased with myself and my progress.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    moar-hate_o_184760.jpg
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for a little over a year. I'm motivated by the person I overheard saying: "He'll just gain it all back anyway".
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I hate because I'm hungry....

said the best bumper sticker ever!:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Anger, on the other hand--anger at a situation, not necessarily at a person--can give you energy, temporarily. Still, I'd rather avoid anger and hatred as much as possible, it's no way to live.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

or they're back on the market and needing some sex appeal. They're just trying to find a mate
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, if you're doing it to prove someone else wrong, or doing it to look better for someone else, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Do it for yourself...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No it isn't. The best motivator is when you decide to do it for yourself. Hatred only carries you until the feeling passes. Internal motivation for you carries you to your goal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What triggered me to get off my *kitten* and start on this weight loss journey were some really bad comments I got from a picture of me that was posted in a local newspaper. I was upset, angry and just wanted to kill them all.

Of course, with progress, and consistent exercise (amazingly it works so much better than any antidepressant), I let the good feelings that come out of this journey to motivate me instead.

Honestly, anger and hatred will eventually fade without the stimulus (like I don't look at those comments all the time), so if I were to use that as my only motivator, I won't be as motivated anymore and would have probably given up a long time ago. I keep myself motivated from the results I see and feel everyday from this amazing journey :)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    9sxz7c.jpg
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Instead of losing weight to "get even" with someone you should just do it for yourself! I can somewhat see how it could help though because I use exercise to relieve stress. And someone you hate may cause you a lot of stress. But in the long run it's not healthy to use that as motivation. Do things to make yourself a better, healthier person because I really doubt the person you hate really cares one way or another what you do!