need dvd or workout ideas for small space

Options
Hello, I need suggestions. We are staying in a hotel, due to tornado that hit Moore, Oklahoma, and will be for quite a while. :ohwell: The space is VERY limited and we are on the 4th floor, so no heavy jumping. I have gained weight since it happened and really need to get back on track. Thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you lost your belongings like that.

The 4th floor you say? Sounds like you have a ready made stair stepper. Me personally would go up and down the 4 floors a couple times. Good cardio, good for the legs and it shouldn't bother any of the other guests.

Does your hotel have a pool? If they do there's workout number 2!

I hope you don't have to stay there for an extended period of time. Best wishes to you and your family.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    First I'm soo sorry for the loss out in Moore. I know it really is something to grapple with. I would say Walk away the pounds would be a good video you can find for free on youtube in it's full version.
  • dawntiz
    dawntiz Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I walk up the stairs some but bad leg limits that. Sadly, no pool. We will be here for at least 3 more months. The internet connection is NOT wifi so trying to watch youtube is so slow. We do have a laptop, so I can watch videos. I just got a Pilates to try. Now have to do it and really work on eating right.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels--No More Trouble Zones.

Low impact. All weights. But your heart rate will go up, and you will sweat.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Can you walk or run outside? I know you mentioned that you had a bad leg so I'm not sure that this is a true option, but I know going out for a run or walk by myself can be really therapeutic....which may help with your current situation. Also, are there any relief rebuilding efforts going on? Maybe donating time and manual labor to help rebuild the community would help with your exercise and you'd be doing a lot of good as well.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I use "You Are Your Own Gym". I find it works whereve I am, be it at home, in a gym, or on a cruise. There are some "jumping" exercises, but I've had no problem swapping them with non-jumping alternatives.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you won't be at the hotel for long and can start rebuilding.

One of the dvd's I have in my rotation is Get Chisel'd by The Firm. It combines cardio and weights, and it doesn't involve any running or using a lot of space. They use 3, 5, and 8 pound weights, but that can be changed depending on the user's level. There is some jumping, but there are also modified moves that take the jumping out. It's a great workout and is a lot of fun.

I also agree that walking and/or running would be a good idea too. You could also do Pilates, like you mentioned, or some yoga.

Good luck to you!