Lifting pals? :)

Options
Looking for some heavy lifting pals:) I'm new to lifting, but love it already! I still don't know a lot about lifting and could use some friends to help me out. I'm doing strong lifts 5x5.

Replies

• AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok! I'm fairly new to heavy lifting too, seems like every time I go to gym I have new exercises to try out and get the techniques right and stuff...
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 of StrongLifts yesterday. I'm not sure I will be the help you are looking for but you can certainly add me if you like.
  • AiabliamsMommy
    Options
    thanks! I'd be nice to be abl to chat with people who are lifting, eating similar, and just going through the same training as me:)
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am not doing StrongLifts, but I am an avid lifter, so feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi... Lifting fan here... Feel free to add me, happy to help
  • Rashell805
    Options
    Hi! I am new to lifting as well - it's been about a month for me. I am not doing strong lifts but I could use some guidance. Right now I am doing deadlifts, weighted squats (and when I say "weighted" I mean I'm starting at like 10 lbs LOL!), Glute machine, arm machine, leg press, and also do some core exercises like planks and weighted ab twists, etc. I could REALLY use some help with eating. I just cannot seem to stay on track!! I need a plan, and a grocery list LOL
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Starting Strength, but you can add me :)
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm also doing Stronglifts 5x5 and would welcome more strength training friends.
  • MarineVeteran
    Options
    I like lifting. If you need more like minded friends, you can add me.

I was doing the "5x5" lifting schedule last year prior to my 7 month hiatus. Had to stop everything due to a surgery. The 5x5 is a nice regimen but for me it's too time consuming. My gym time is scheduled to 60 to 75 minutes and having to change the lbs each set is not for me.

Since I've started back lifting I prefer doing 3x5s on my workouts. Started off by doing 1RMs (1 Rep Maxes) on all exercises then taking 75% of that number and working out. Do that for three weeks then change up the routine. Repeat the 1RM process.

Keep the routine fresh and challenging otherwise the body adapts to the workout and progression stalls.
  • AiabliamsMommy
    Options
    Thanks! Requests sent to all!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting pretty consistently (had a small timeout for knee surgery) for about 3 years. I am currently using a trainer because I just don't push myself hard enough on my own. I am curious what is Stonglift?
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just saw your post. I am currently in my second round of Stronglifts 5 x 5 and planning to move to 5/3/1 soon. Feel free to add me. The invitation extends to all.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Lifting is my favorite!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily lifting heavy *kitten* weights but getting there, still a lifter nonetheless albeit a weak one ????