Hiya, 22/F from NE PA.....

Options
Hello all....

I just moved back home with my grandmother from Atlanta Georgia. I just got out of a long term, bad relationship and I have a 2 year old daughter. Last time I was here my daughter was 10 months old and I was so depressed I gained alot of weight. I topped out at 217 pounds last time but when i went to georgia I began to watch what I ate and went down to 170. But between the holidays and me finally moving out to get away from my ex, I'm scared I'm headed down the same path. I weighed myself yesterday and and i was 184. I'm soo disappointed in myself. The whole idea of moving away is to make myself a better person so keeping track of what I eat on this site is my way of starting fresh. By the way, I am a vegetarian trying to transition to a vegan diet and health foods seem to be scarce in this part of town so if any of you have any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated. :-)

Replies

• Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello all....

I just moved back home with my grandmother from Atlanta Georgia. I just got out of a long term, bad relationship and I have a 2 year old daughter. Last time I was here my daughter was 10 months old and I was so depressed I gained alot of weight. I topped out at 217 pounds last time but when i went to georgia I began to watch what I ate and went down to 170. But between the holidays and me finally moving out to get away from my ex, I'm scared I'm headed down the same path. I weighed myself yesterday and and i was 184. I'm soo disappointed in myself. The whole idea of moving away is to make myself a better person so keeping track of what I eat on this site is my way of starting fresh. By the way, I am a vegetarian trying to transition to a vegan diet and health foods seem to be scarce in this part of town so if any of you have any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated. :-)
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome, sounds like you're in a real rough patch, do the best you can, you can only do so much when you are feeling so down. (Slow and steady wins the race.) Come chat with us whenever you need anything!
  • amyxchen
    Options
    I'm sorry :(. dont worry, everything will work itself out. I actually just got out of a one year relationship wiht my ex and Im using that as a reason to lose weight. He made me feel so ****ty about myself, he cheated on me all throughout the year so i can understand that feeling of just wanting to give up and just eat.
    I am hoping to lose 50 pounds by summer.
  • stargirlie
    Options
    good luck with the weight loss guys :flowerforyou:
  • tflavin3
    Options
    good for you making such a huge life change. I think this site will help. It has really helped me in just the five days I have been using it. As far as vegan is concerned, I think if you start with the knowledge you have, and plug it into here, you will see what you need to change, and then it will help you know what to look for. good luck.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Alafia22,

Welcome, and good for you for making a better life for yourself and your child. Grandmas are good for whatever ails you, right?

Just take your time, and log everything you eat. You'll notice a difference very soon.

CM
  • Alafia22
    Options
    Aww ty guys, i'm soo emotional, i got teary eyed reading your responses....

I have been struggling with this alone so long i almost forgot what true support feels like.

You guys are the best! I'm noticing what's wrong, bordom snacking, lol.

I feel better already just recognizing the problem. Thanks again!
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    hello girl I have 5 marriages under my belt #1 I was to young #2 was lonely he looked good #3 I was stouped for 22 years # 4was a good man but passed away #5 he is great he loves me takes me any way that Iam but I don't like what I see when I pass a mirror so here Iam
    love ya ps plsease except the spelling and read between the mispelling ok
    baylou
  • Alafia22
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad you shared that with me. You give me hope that there is someone out there who is deserving of a good woman like me and will be just as good to me. Right now i'm focusing on school. I'm going to become a Nurse, but when the time comes to start seriously dating again, your story will be my inspiration....:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad you shared that with me. You give me hope that there is someone out there who is deserving of a good woman like me and will be just as good to me. Right now i'm focusing on school. I'm going to become a Nurse, but when the time comes to start seriously dating again, your story will be my inspiration....:flowerforyou:

Yay, Alafia - Cute picture. I'm so glad to hear you are in school and I really hope you get your nursing degree under your belt. I'm getting old, gonna need nurses! No, I'm just glad you are focused.

I can't tell you how many bad choices I've made in my life. I have been married only once, but that was only for three years - I'm 53 - there were some other bad choices in that amount of living. (Do the math...) There definitely are good men out there, and there will be one for you.
    I tended to pick the "larger-than-life" personality types. My mother, God rest her soul, once told me I should "Stop picking the dancing shoe, instead find a nice comfortable slipper." Her third and final husband was just that. And I always said that if I could have chosen my father (he was my stepdad) I would have chosen him. She married him late in life at age 43 and they had 26 years together.

You're a really beautiful girl and obviously smart if you are in nursing school. Take care of yourself and pamper yourself for awhile. Don't do the 22 yr "stupid" marriage! (Sorry, baylou....but I loved your honesty and candor.)

Cheryl