To soon to start 30 Day Shred...?

Options
So after a hiatus from eating and developing a better lifestyle, I am back, realizing that hiatus has brought me to 290 lbs, I need to loose weight. I have the 30 day shred dvd at home, and want to start doing it. Im not very educated in health, calories etc, but if I would start with 30 day shred tonight, with only a couple days of eating healthy, will I be ok?

Replies

• squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. Just go as your own pace and intensity, and do not worry if you can't follow the video people 100%. You will get stronger before you even know it, as long as you stick with it. Jillian herself says to do Level 1 for 5 days, then rest 1 or 2 days, and then continue. Lather rinse repeat. Go up to Level 2 when you are ready, and so forth.

Use the search function on MFP to find "30 day shred results" -- there are a ton of folks here who have gotten great results. I wish you the best of luck and congratulations as you start this journey!
  • alassin_sane
    alassin_sane Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I restarted with logging my food a few days ago, and started 30DS yesterday. Just take care when doing it, as with any exercise.

Jillian has two girls with her in the DVD, one doing an advanced version of the moves and one doing a version modified to be slightly lower impact. If in doubt, perhaps follow her and build up to the 'full' versions. That is what I'm doing, anyway!

I have to say, I'm feeling it already, so hoping for decent results. :-)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I just started it after having not worked out since October and having gained 20ish lbs since then. I'm keeping up okay! Not able to do 100% yet, but I'm only on day 2! It'll come with time.

Edit: if you do have any concerns or feel excessively ill during the workout, stop and take a break, and consider consulting your doctor. That will only help you!