eating out

Options
So, tonight my dad took me out to dinner. Now I LOOOOOVE Ruby Tuesdays and usually when I would go I would eat 4 Ruby mini burgers AND cheese fries (with bacon and sour cream), this alone is about 1,900 calories or so. So I read the menu ahead of time and checked the calories and info. I found what was one of the "healthiest" chices and put it into my food diary. It was hard, but not as hard as it could've been to order the right food, but I did! And, guess what? The 7oz sirloin, green beans and broccoli was only 420 calories (according to their website)!!!!! And, what's even better is I ONLY ATE HALF OF IT!!!! SO my supper filling meal was only 210 calories. Now, maybe they are lying...??? But I still feel proud.

Up until this past monday I would eat out at least 10 times a week and would never eat anything healthy :ohwell:

I feel like I can beat this fast food/eating out addiction!

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So, tonight my dad took me out to dinner. Now I LOOOOOVE Ruby Tuesdays and usually when I would go I would eat 4 Ruby mini burgers AND cheese fries (with bacon and sour cream), this alone is about 1,900 calories or so. So I read the menu ahead of time and checked the calories and info. I found what was one of the "healthiest" chices and put it into my food diary. It was hard, but not as hard as it could've been to order the right food, but I did! And, guess what? The 7oz sirloin, green beans and broccoli was only 420 calories (according to their website)!!!!! And, what's even better is I ONLY ATE HALF OF IT!!!! SO my supper filling meal was only 210 calories. Now, maybe they are lying...??? But I still feel proud.

Up until this past monday I would eat out at least 10 times a week and would never eat anything healthy :ohwell:

I feel like I can beat this fast food/eating out addiction!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great work! A little planning can go a long way!
    :drinker:
  • Davidsalthouse
    Options
    Nice job...

I can't lie, I often fall victim to chicken wings and ice cold beer at my favorite hangout. :drinker:
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good job... THe more you turn down the fast food and the junk the easier it becomes. At least for me anyways.... Now I don't even miss it...
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! :)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!

This is so great for you!!! YEY!!! What a great obstacle you overcame! See??? I love that!

Problem = Solution!

YEY YOU!
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    Options
    smart thing to do it actaully make u feel better to know that u havent ate the whole thing :drinker:
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    And see...you did the best thing you can do when you eat out. Eat half of your meal and bring the rest home with you. I immediately ask for a box and set aside half that way I don't overeat.

Congratulations!! Very smart checking the menu! :)