logged in in feb then forgot about the site

Options
since then I have lost over 40 lbs. My father died about 18 months ago and about that time I was having marriage difficulties and the weight just seemed to keep going up and up. I was about 132 when dad died and before I know it I was closing in on 180! I am now down to 140 and starting to feel much better. Funny how life can do that to you. I guess for a while there I just did not care. My biggest supporters have been my three kids 23,21 and 19. My hubby is just starting to come around and is very proud of what I have done in the last few months. He never once said anything about my weight but I could see it was starting to concern him especially when my cholesterol hit 240! I went from med cloths to extra larges and refused to step foot into a mall for a very long time. I am looking for motivation for my new healthy lifestyle from people that understand and people that know ever once in a while a push is needed. The food dairy has been helping and I am now seeing what I am doing wrong and why I have hit a plateau. I am becoming a little addicted to exercise but its helping with the stress in my life as well. I am typically and easy going person who loves my kids and my dogs. I am enjoying reading the comments every posts.

Replies

• Retrieverlove
    Options
    I am so sorry about the negative parts of your journey, but if it has helped you to reassess your need to take care of yourself, your health, and ultimately your eating patterns, then at least that is a positive. Take care and keep loving life.
  • hornehm2
    hornehm2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on coming back. I did the same thing. I joined a while back forgot about it and just joined 20 days ago. I too have older children that are in college and one still home. My marriage is falling apart and we are divorcing. At 41 I am changing my life and starting over. I am on the path to loose alot of weight since I went from 145 in my 20s to 160 in my 30s and now over 200s in my late 30s and early 40s. I am going back to college in the fall and am ready for a new me.

I found the key this time was to get really involved on here. I joined a weight loss challange on here and I am even a team leader. I just made mfp like my new facebook. there are alot more postive to come out of here than facebook anyways haha.

Add me if you are looking for support!

Congrats on your weightloss and coming back to mfp!