The last few pounds

Options
I am someone who (unlike many) has not gained the freshman 15, but lost it! Actually, I've lost approximately 50 pounds since university (2 years) by portion control and overall making healthy choices and I've started running. However, I have recently hit a plateau. I have gotten into the "I exercise, I can eat whatever I want" mode. While yes, this exercising has allowed me to maintain my weight, I would still like to lost the last 10-15 pounds. I found this site and so far it's really been helping me see how much I really do eat and exercise. I'm on day 3 and am looking forward to my weekly weigh-ins!

Replies

• jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've heard it said you shouldn't try to lose more than 1lb a week for the last 10lb - it really is 3 times harder to lose than the rest, in my experience .. but can be done of course, and shouldn't take more than a few months if you can keep it up at 1lb a week. Probably best not to weigh in too often tho or you won't see if the real lbs lost if it's comparatively slow.
  • claud10
    claud10 Posts: 9
    Options
    good luck you can do it:D
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Well done on your weight loss so far, sounds like you have done very well.
    Keep at it, exercise is key but the intake will make a huge difference.
    Last few pounds are really hard to get off and keep off, I'm struggling with maintenance as we speak, very difficult.
    Good luck with your goals :o)