My first goal

Options
I accomplished a goal. This is a VERY BIG DEAL!!! I usually give up and quit on a diet by day three. This is not a diet - this is a lifestyle change. I thought people were loony for saying that but after a week I can say that is a honest statement. I can see where a diet seems like a good plan. It is for short term goals and short term results. I don't need short term anything. I want to be healthy and here for the long term.

For an entire week - I worked out 5 day for at minimum 1 hour. Was it hard? HELL YES! I loathe exercise and sweat. Duh! This is how you become 100 lbs over weight. I started walking April 8th. It hurt my joints - knees and hips. It felt good to feel my heart. So a week ago I decided to give water exercises a try. I LOVE IT!!! I can't feel sweat in the water. My joints don't hurt. My muscles feel good and strong. I had always thought it would be awesome to run a marathon but I don't know that I like running. So now if I don't like it - I don't have to do it. It is not about being like everyone else. It is about doing what works for me.

In addition to by exercise I have been tracking my food. I don't always hit my calorie but when I know I am going over - I do extra exercise. Input vs. Output - not rocket science but it worked for me.

So today's weigh in I lost over 10lbs!!! Anyone see a 10? I know it is not on my *kitten*.

On to the next goal - Work out the next week...5 days for an hour seems like it is working. Continue my calorie intake. I would like to try another exercise this week. I have TONS of videos in the basement and they have a lot at the library. I want to do one. If I don't like it - I am out an hour of my life but not the calories that went along with it. I would also like to walk at work 2 days before the next weigh-in. I think that is a good way to get out of the office and burn a few calories.

Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck! <3
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Way to kick your own butt!
  • NewDad24
    NewDad24 Posts: 45
    Options
    Good luck! Great job on the 10 pounds. You said one week? Be careful, there is more to a good weight-loss plan than just cutting calories and getting more exercise. Be sure to stay well-hydrated and get your protein and other nutrition including your eight essential amino acids in good proportion.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Sarah, you are a lovely, inspirational person and I'm so proud of you and what you've accomplished!
    Best wishes for your continued success!