Hi :)

Options
So I've been lurking the past few days, and decided to post.

I've been heavy my whole life, but the past few years have been the worst. I have had chronic migraines for the past 10 years, so getting up the energy to do anything other than go to work and come home was a struggle! I didn't eat right to begin with, and adding not being active did not help either. After a certain point I just didn't care anymore....

Three months ago, I started having knee problems and discovered I may have arthritis in my knees. I knew then something HAD to be done, it was time to get up ad get going. Fortunately (due tow miracle and Botox injections) I no longer struggle with the daily migraines.

I started focusing on loosing weight about 2 months ago. I weighed 335. Now I am at 316.6...halfway to my first big goal of weighing less than 300 ponds, and I am SO EXCITED!

Replies

• coffeeMAME
    coffeeMAME Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So I've been lurking the past few days, and decided to post.

I've been heavy my whole life, but the past few years have been the worst. I have had chronic migraines for the past 10 years, so getting up the energy to do anything other than go to work and come home was a struggle! I didn't eat right to begin with, and adding not being active did not help either. After a certain point I just didn't care anymore....

Three months ago, I started having knee problems and discovered I may have arthritis in my knees. I knew then something HAD to be done, it was time to get up ad get going. Fortunately (due tow miracle and Botox injections) I no longer struggle with the daily migraines.

I started focusing on loosing weight about 2 months ago. I weighed 335. Now I am at 316.6...halfway to my first big goal of weighing less than 300 ponds, and I am SO EXCITED!

That is awesome, and congratulations! You were at the exact same weight as me at my start! I hope you can reach your goals and stay healthy and happy. Good luck! This website is awesome, you just have to stick with it :D
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • nindakay
    nindakay Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! I LOVE this site, and the mobile app! Tracking calories has really helped me succeed where I have failed in the past. He much have you lost?
  • SunchipsCathy
    SunchipsCathy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WTG! Friend request sent for encouragement!
  • metallicsky
    Options
    Hi.
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm glad you're here! I've been at this for about a month and I am feeling so much better. You will not regret this! I will send you an add :)
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Half way to the first goal thats awesome!!!! I really love this site

I too suffer from chronic migraines... can you tell me how Botox helped???
  • nindakay
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Half way to the first goal thats awesome!!!! I really love this site

I too suffer from chronic migraines... can you tell me how Botox helped???

Otis for me was the last line of treatment...I'd tried literally everything else. My neurologist gave me the shots. Something to do with the way the toxin worked but I don't know the exact science. I also firmly believe God was at work too. IT CHANGED MY LIFE!! I still get occasional migraines, but nothing like what I used to have!!
  • nindakay
    Options
    Where do y'all get the tickers?
  • newbury0621
    Options
    great job!! Keep up the good work!
  • fleurdelis504
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're doing awesome. Welcome to mfp.
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Sounds like you are on the right track!
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Julie and I live in So Cal in the Palm Springs Area. I've decided it is time to shed some 40+ pounds that I have put on over the last ten years. I am approaching my 50th birthday and I do not want to be one of those over 50+ with way to much weight. So far, my cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar are good. But let me tell you the extra weight has hurt my knees and hips and it only gets worse as you get older. I will post a pic when I can. I need a younger savvy tech person to help with that:smile: I am looking forward to talking with everyone.
  • kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Feel free to add me..
  • Dgnovack
    Dgnovack Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there, I am 36 years old and i am the heaviest I have ever been 370lbs, I was the same way you go to work and not eating healthy and being lazy, well this last week I have started to eat better and get my big butt out the house and walk I am up to a mile and I jog for one block. I have suffered from knee and ankle pain and I know it is because of the weight. I am new to this and I am looking for some friends....
    Good luck.
    Donna