Advice.

Options
I was wondering if anybody had some good ideas on healthy, TASTY snacks and not like salad stuff because i cant stand them. I have been off chocolate and crisps the past week and I really want to stay off them for a while. But salad type snacks make me crave the junk food snacks i love. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Splenda chocolates are really good. They're fairly low calorie (comparatively), don't have any real sugar and definitely help out with the chocolate cravings! Also weight watchers fudge pops. 100 cals each and SO yummy!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ive found in Coles "Organic Sweet & Salty" popcorn which is sooooo yummy and low cal and is a great snack... also I would suggest Unsalted Mixed nuts with Sultanas.... =)
  • nanny1955
    nanny1955 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i like the laughing cow light cheese, comes in several different flavors, only 35 calories in each wedge of cheese....that, along with some Annie's organic snack mix crackers, it's a pretty low calorie and tasty snack. i also like the single serving size of Little Debbie peanut butter chocolate wafer bars...only 100 calories.
  • megan00
    megan00 Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks for the ideas. they sound yummy! =-)
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I like fruit and greek yogurt. I second the laughing cow cheese!! :) Maybe some hummus, carrots, celery - experiment a bit! I've been craving rice cakes lately which I know come in a chocolate flavor so maybe that can help you as well.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Corn Thins are pretty darned good. Regular rice/corn cakes (particularly the little ones) hit the crunchy, salty note for me without being as bad for me.

Salsa and baked corn tortillas, hummus with vegetables and ak mak, fruit
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    popcorn
    100 cal packs
    rice cakes/crispy minis
    veggies and/or pita chips with hummus (or make your own veggie dip with light sour cream and dry soup mix)
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Oven roasted almonds are good option for snacks too. I like sea salt and dark chocolate(has powdered cocoa)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Actually if you're going the way of popcorn, don't bother with those tiny 100 cal packs. Orville redenbackers movie theater butter popcorn has all the flavor and comes in the big bags... plus it's only 88 calories. More for less, which is what we're looking for right? :3
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    i like to munch on popcorn, string cheese, baby corn, olives, beef jerky, and sugar free jello
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    i like the laughing cow light cheese, comes in several different flavors, only 35 calories in each wedge of cheese....that, along with some Annie's organic snack mix crackers, it's a pretty low calorie and tasty snack. i also like the single serving size of Little Debbie peanut butter chocolate wafer bars...only 100 calories.

beware of the laughing cow cheeses they are low in calories however each wedge contains 210 mg of sodium you have about 2-3 of those and you will be over your salt limit with all your other meals
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot about beef jerky, that's a good one, I loooove beef jerky, but it's so high in sodium, and it's also kinda pricey. I buy it once in awhile as a treat.
  • JenniferLynn77
    Options
    elaborating on the cheese idea...low-fat string cheese...the one I've found is 70 calories per stick.