My 1 year progress- 45 lbs lost

Options
I officially started my weight loss journey/life style change one year ago. I have always been a little on the heavy side but it was manageable in high school while I played sports year round. Once college started and for the next 7 years, I gain on average 7 pounds a year to put me at my highest weight 186 lbs. I’m 5’3 on a good day so that is a lot of weight for me to carry around. There were several events in 2011 and 2012 that finally made me see that I had to something or it was only going to get worse, some reasons were:
- Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 at age of 45 (she is currently cancer free now)
- Dad had a noncancerous tumor removed in 2012 at age of 47
- My brother graduate from high school in May 2012, I hated how I looked in all his pictures
- I could tell my boyfriend of 9 years at the time was concerned but didn't know how to bring it up, therefore our relationship was very shaky last year. I slept a lot, I was never in a good mood, we never spent time with each other when it was there.
- I went to huge scenario paintball game that was over a few square miles in May 2012, I only made it 3-4 hours the first day before giving up and sitting out the rest of the weekend. My body just couldn't do it. I love the game of paintball, I felt embarrassed and I felt like I let my whole team down.

In June of 2012, my girlfriend was talking about a site call MFP. She had joined and told me about it. I decided on Sunday, June 17th that I had had enough and wanted a change. I had all the resources available to me, I just needed to do it. I ordered a few Jillian Michael’s DVD, I went through the kitchen and tossed sweets, and I started walking over lunch with a coworker. Slowly my life started to change….

My original goal was to lose only 20 lbs but I kept increasing my weight loss goal by more each time I hit it. What keeps me motivated was setting small rewards for myself when I hit each 5lb lost. For example I did horseback riding, laser tag, pedicure, new workout outfit, massage, new purse, etc. When I hit my final goal, my boyfriend and I are getting professional pictures done.

Now I am happy to say that I have lost 45 since joining MFP and 53 lbs overall. I weigh less than I did in high school my senior year. I have had the greatest support from my mom (who has lost 40 lbs), dad, boyfriend, and friends. Working out and eating right is a part of my life and who I am today. I made a life change, I am not dieting, I use portion control. I do have my days and occasions where I indulge but I am able to keep on track. My relationship with the boyfriend is better than ever! We do so much more now that I am comfortable with how I look (I never wanted to go anywhere because I felt that people judged me). I bought my first swimsuit in 8 years.

I ran a half marathon in May. I am signed up for another in October. I plan on doing a full marathon in 2014. I want to take advantage of all those crazy obstacles courses/races to see what I can do. Not only do I look different but I feel like a completely different person. I have more confidence and courage. My boyfriend says I look happier and smile a lot more. I have decided I want to live my life, I don’t want to let it go by without trying experiencing new things.

I am not at my goal weight…yet. I have another 8 lbs to lose. I know I will get there in time. I wanted to share my progress with everyone, I wish you all the best of luck in your journey. If you need a friend to help you along the way feel free to add me :) A BIG shout out to all my MFP friends who have supported me along the way, you guys kept me on track!

Jessica_Front_zps9938dce4.jpg

Jessica_Side_zpsa549909d.jpg

Replies

• laynie878
    laynie878 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations for sticking with it--the results show!
  • Chebeau
    Chebeau Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • rhcour
    rhcour Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    congratulations and you are an inspiration to others.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier, great job!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great work! Terrific!
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job! Impressive results.
  • Sweetie1429
    Sweetie1429 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Impressive! You look great
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Wow congrats on your great accomplishment! You must feel so excited, happy, and proud of yourself. You look outstanding. You accomplished that reflection you see in the mirror with your hard work and never giving up attitude. You will definitely get to your goal of losing the last 8lbs. You have a new mindset that this is a lifestyle. Continue doing a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing. You foster motivation that we can all reach our goals. :smile:
  • hotroddiva
    hotroddiva Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome lady!!! I'm glad you met your goal and you look great! Good work and way to set those goals and work towards them. You have every right to be proud of what you did and what you accomplished. Keep smiling! :happy:
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! You have done a great job!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    so inspiring! i look just like you 'before' and i would be so happy if i looked like you 'after'!
    you look amazing!
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great success stories. You look fabulous, fit and feminine.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Your legs look fabulous! I'm very jealous!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you look so great now you rock that swimsuit...the 8 last pounds is vanity weight..but why not! but really an incredible job..congrats.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You look GREAT!
  • ItsSamantha
    ItsSamantha Posts: 127
    Options
    Congrats!!You look amazing!!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look fabulous! And I'm sure you feel fabulous!! Congratulations on your success - you are SO inspirational :-) XO
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!