How to find the perfect exercise to lose weight? Any help?

Options
Hey! So I'm girl looking for help to lose weight and find the perfect workout! Here's the situation: I'm on summer break, I'm 18 and want to lose some weight. I tried it last summer and lost weight, yay! But unfortunately gained it back over the year maybe half or more, which isn't yay. I haven't been on a scale so I have no idea where my weights at, I choose to avoid those cause they caused so much problems last year. Anyway I decided to get my life back in control and lose the weight, and its like 30 pounds I need to lose. I know what to eat and not to and all that about diet, i figured that out, But it's exercise :( I tried insanity and finished the first month before but I just couldn't imagine doing another month so I quit. And I tried it again the other day thinking I could stick to it And I realized why I quit, it's just not fun for me and i didnt enjoy it! I have turbo jam also by beach body and I haven't quit tried it out yet and it looks funner but I'm not sure if it'll give me the results I want. So I've come here hoping to get some ideas on what I could try or do? And please don't say join a gym because I plan to start going again in the mid of next month after like the 13th or 15th when I get settled into my new house. So any help is welcome!

Replies

• fiomay
    fiomay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds ridiculous but either buy or watch on youtube a workout video. You can just do it in your house, you won't need to put any effort into leaving. Just find some space in your house and follow along to a video. If you don't want to buy a dvd I would recommend watching Tiffany Rothe on youtube. Her videos are only about 10 minutes so you don't have to take much time out of your day but if you want a longer work out just watch more of her videos. I know it's a short amount of time but I'm still sore from doing 2 yesterday.
  • ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you can get to a gym, I recommend high intensity interval training. I do it on the treadmill: some days for 20 mins and others for 40 mins. It has increased my fitness and has really changed the shape of my body.
    I started out with a 5 min jog then 3 mins power walk at highest incline then 1 min sprint at 1% and keep doing it until time is up.
    These days I mix it up with sprinting at 5% which is a little harder but the best thing about it is I don't get bored and it keeps me motivated. I got the idea for the workout on www.fitsugar.com. They have a great site full of tips.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey! So I'm girl looking for help to lose weight and find the perfect workout! Here's the situation: I'm on summer break, I'm 18 and want to lose some weight. I tried it last summer and lost weight, yay! But unfortunately gained it back over the year maybe half or more, which isn't yay. I haven't been on a scale so I have no idea where my weights at, I choose to avoid those cause they caused so much problems last year. Anyway I decided to get my life back in control and lose the weight, and its like 30 pounds I need to lose. I know what to eat and not to and all that about diet, i figured that out, But it's exercise :( I tried insanity and finished the first month before but I just couldn't imagine doing another month so I quit. And I tried it again the other day thinking I could stick to it And I realized why I quit, it's just not fun for me and i didnt enjoy it! I have turbo jam also by beach body and I haven't quit tried it out yet and it looks funner but I'm not sure if it'll give me the results I want. So I've come here hoping to get some ideas on what I could try or do? And please don't say join a gym because I plan to start going again in the mid of next month after like the 13th or 15th when I get settled into my new house. So any help is welcome!

Quit crash dieting, eat healthy within your maintenance and then LIFT HEAVY!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Quit crash dieting, eat healthy within your maintenance and then LIFT HEAVY!

Yep. It really doesn't matter what exercises you do and don't do. To lose WEIGHT you need to eat fewer calories, but not so few that your body starts to resist.
    To lose FAT... that does require some heavy lifting and eating at a moderate deficit.

Calculate your TDEE, subtract about 20%, and then eat the number you are left with. Get an adequate amount of protein (I would recommend 40%) and lift some heavy ****.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    *Fastens down the hatches to wait for the inevitable fall out* :laugh:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    The prefect exercise to lose weight is the one or ones that you are willing to do. Find something that gets you moving, strecthing, and/or muscle building and just do it.