NSV!!!!!!

Options
So I am 10 weeks into my journey for a healthier me. To jump start my lifestyle change I challenged myself to making better food choices and working out at least three times a week for 12 weeks. I also hid my scale for the duration. I hit a major milestone today. My normal scrub tops for my job started feeling and looking super baggy so today I traded them in for a smaller size. It fits!!!!

This may not seem like much but in the seven years I've been there I am rocking the smallest size I have ever worn! From a 2X to a L!!!!!

I am somewhat new to this site and love everything about it. I would love to add some more friends to have on this journey!

I am getting excited and anxious to step on the scale in a couple weeks and then work out the details of my next personal challenge and push myself even further.

Nik

Replies

• recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a nanny and I brought my kid to the water/amusement park this weekend. We ran to get in line in front of a group people (he's a super competitive 7 year old lol) and I didn't get winded! My treadmilling is actually helping! I've never been able to run let alone run without looking like an idiot heaving in and out lol
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ????????????????gold stars for your NSV,! Welcome board, will send a friend request. :flowerforyou: I. Here everyday.....you can do this!!get your trash bags ready for all the Goodwill clothes you'll be saying goodbye to!
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's sound like you and I might be on the same program. I am currently working on 3 days a week of exercise. Right now I'm happy with walking, though I do eventually want to do some weights and HIIT. Not today though, LOL. And my diet is pretty much just trying to make sure I add in healthy foods. I notice that if I eat well I can pretty much eat as much as I want and I am not as drawn to "crappy/empty" food. I would say I am successful about 1/2 the time. I definitely slipped this week and "wow", I can totally feel a difference and not in a good way.

So, maybe being friends would be good because it seems we can reasonably support each other. If not, totally cool. Good luck to you and congratulations!
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job! congrat!
    Just a curious question. What does NSV stand for?
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    N-on S-cale V-ictories come in all different shapes and sizes. ; ) Although I know the scale is bound to reflect my changes, I love the little things!

Dress shoes that fit a little better because I've lost foot fat! (Or more likely just spread less due to less overhead weight) : P
    Not getting winded during normal day activities. Being able to increase my distance and resistance on the machines at the gym!!!

I want to hear everybody else's favorite NSV's too!

Nik
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thats a great nsv! congrats! that must feel so amazing!
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    N-on S-cale V-ictories come in all different shapes and sizes. ; ) Although I know the scale is bound to reflect my changes, I love the little things!

Dress shoes that fit a little better because I've lost foot fat! (Or more likely just spread less due to less overhead weight) : P
    Not getting winded during normal day activities. Being able to increase my distance and resistance on the machines at the gym!!!

I want to hear everybody else's favorite NSV's too!

Nik

Thanks.
    I feel stronger and more energy. A bit loose in my shirt around the belly.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV! Thank you for sharing!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow, in 10 weeks you already went down a size? That's pretty impressive :flowerforyou:
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thats an AWESOME NSV!! Well done :smile:
  • beinggood
    beinggood Posts: 36
    Options
    Good for you!!!! That is fantastic!! keep up the good work!!!! I always could use some more motivating friends. :bigsmile:
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    I had to hook my bra in the 2nd set of loops instead of the first, so it would fit nicer. Yeah me!!!
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    So I am 10 weeks into my journey for a healthier me. To jump start my lifestyle change I challenged myself to making better food choices and working out at least three times a week for 12 weeks. I also hid my scale for the duration. I hit a major milestone today. My normal scrub tops for my job started feeling and looking super baggy so today I traded them in for a smaller size. It fits!!!!

This may not seem like much but in the seven years I've been there I am rocking the smallest size I have ever worn! From a 2X to a L!!!!!

I am somewhat new to this site and love everything about it. I would love to add some more friends to have on this journey!

I am getting excited and anxious to step on the scale in a couple weeks and then work out the details of my next personal challenge and push myself even further.

Nik
    Congrats!!! This is so cool! Keep up the GREAT work!!
  • TinyChestnut
    Options
    I actually just had to buy new scrub pants because mine are getting so big on me. Plus, it doesn't help that the iguana med brand seems to run big! I got tired of always pulling my pants up, I am in a weird spot right now, but I am in between a small and a medium! I know it is a good thing, but man do I forget how expensive new scrubs can be!
  • NikAtNight82
    Options
    I actually just had to buy new scrub pants because mine are getting so big on me. Plus, it doesn't help that the iguana med brand seems to run big! I got tired of always pulling my pants up, I am in a weird spot right now, but I am in between a small and a medium! I know it is a good thing, but man do I forget how expensive new scrubs can be!

Don't I know it! My scrub pants are at least drawstring so I will just deal with flappy fabric until it becomes too ridiculous. Congrats on the downsize!!
  • NikAtNight82
    Options
    I had to hook my bra in the 2nd set of loops instead of the first, so it would fit nicer. Yeah me!!!

That's an awesome NSV! Keep up the great work!