Cheated on my low carb diet and I feel like capital S*it?

Options
13»

Replies

• ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Drink loads of water and tea.. and move on from it..
    Don't dwell on it..

Chin up.. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    just give up. it's over

say hello to the insulin fairy

insulin+fairy.jpg
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    Well, I can see that no amount of reasoning wil change your mind, so best of luck to you on your low carb diet.

Oh you. Sorry, I didn't realize your way was the only way. My bad. :flowerforyou:

What he is trying to explain is that if the scale did not move as you note, but you gained LBM, then you have to have lost fat. It's math.

+1

Also, OP: if I may give you a tip, low carb is not really a healthy diet thus not supported on this MB. When I did Atkins (thank GOD I educated myself and quit...) I was on a LC message board where you will find more support doing LC than here ;) Just saying.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    See those things called diets, they never work no matter what it is, even people who are intolerant to some foods still try them, then realise they shouldnt.

Considering how big the dieting industry is, its probably why 95% of people fail, even if it is just calorie counting. How many people use MFP to count cals get to goal weight, go off, then come back because they gained what they lost.

If you're seeing it as a diet, you are going to fail... period.

People who can process a high amount of carbs or a moderate amount of carbs, congrats, however those of us who cant tolerate it, are getting annoyed with people saying 'its not sustainable' its as sustainable as your calorie counting is =] you dont need a big amount of food to enjoy it, small tastes are nicer.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Well, I can see that no amount of reasoning wil change your mind, so best of luck to you on your low carb diet.

Oh you. Sorry, I didn't realize your way was the only way. My bad. :flowerforyou:

What he is trying to explain is that if the scale did not move as you note, but you gained LBM, then you have to have lost fat. It's math.

I clarified that the scale didn't move DOWN.
    Some of us have health reasons for cutting carbs and it working. A lot of people don't need to. There is nothing inherently wrong with carbs. Unfortunately, this thread has turned into an attack for people who do cut carbs, so I'm not going to explain myself; whatever I say will be taken out of context and the wrong way. You do what works for you, I'll do what works for me.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    why don't you pick a diet (like a reasonable caloric deficit) where you don't have to eliminate foods from your diet?

This is amazing - in theory. I ate at a reasonable deficit (TDEE-20%), 40/30/30 macros, lifted, and the scale didn't move for months. I could see changes, but wasn't losing any weight. For me, cutting carbs is pretty much the only way to get the scale to move. Call it insulin resistence, call it what you will, but that has been my recent experience. I'm doing much better now on a high fat, high protein, low carb diet.

Why would you care about the scale if you were seeing visible changes?

*sigh*

That's what I was wondering. If your body is changing for the better, who cares what the scale says?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Also, OP: if I may give you a tip, low carb is not really a healthy diet thus not supported on this MB. When I did Atkins (thank GOD I educated myself and quit...) I was on a LC message board where you will find more support doing LC than here ;) Just saying.

Why is low carb unhealthy? I eat nothing but meats, vegetables and a little dairy every day. I've cut out almost all sugars and heavily processed foods from my diet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Some of us have health reasons for cutting carbs and it working. A lot of people don't need to. There is nothing inherently wrong with carbs. Unfortunately, this thread has turned into an attack for people who do cut carbs, so I'm not going to explain myself; whatever I say will be taken out of context and the wrong way. You do what works for you, I'll do what works for me.

Ummm..your post
    This is amazing - in theory. I ate at a reasonable deficit (TDEE-20%), 40/30/30 macros, lifted, and the scale didn't move for months. I could see changes, but wasn't losing any weight

Scale not moving = scale not moving up or down.

I have made no comment about carbs, just about math ....chillax.
  • KatLifter
    Options

Ummm..your post
    This is amazing - in theory. I ate at a reasonable deficit (TDEE-20%), 40/30/30 macros, lifted, and the scale didn't move for months. I could see changes, but wasn't losing any weight

Top post on page 2 I clarified.
    I just didn't like the insinuation of his post that I'm being unreasonable. That's why I even attempted to explain myself.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What on earth should I do now?
    Chill. It’s one day, you can’t do much harm in one day.
    I'm trying not the beat myself up so bad but I had a goal to lose 40 pounds before the end of August and I feel like I can't accomplish it now.
    That seems like an awful lot to try to lose in a short time. Maybe you need a more realistic goal.
    For me, cutting carbs is pretty much the only way to get the scale to move. Call it insulin resistence, call it what you will, but that has been my recent experience.
    I feel you on this. I do better with lower carbs, but I still eat way more than 10. I try to stay under 100 (although today is out because my boss bought pizza. I don’t even particularly care for pizza).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Ummm..your post

Top post on page 2 I clarified.
    I just didn't like the insinuation of his post that I'm being unreasonable. That's why I even attempted to explain myself.

Yes, you repeated what you said, and my comment still stands, and the explanation by the other poster is still correct.

I understand that there will be situations where low carb works better for some people for a number of reason, so I am not arguing that. I am just trying to clarify that if your scale is not moving, and you have gained muscle then fat mass is decreasing.
  • KatLifter
    Options

Yes, you repeated what you said, and my comment still stands, and the explanation by the other poster is still correct.

I understand that there will be situations where low carb works better for some people for a number of reason, so I am not arguing that. I am just trying to clarify that if your scale is not moving, and you have gained muscle then fat mass is decreasing.

No, I clarified that the scale didn't go down.
    The scale went up. The opposite of down.
    I understand basic math
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

No, I clarified that the scale didn't go down.
    The scale went up. The opposite of down.
    I understand basic math

OK, so your first statement was incorrect. Your clarifier of not down was not exactly clarifying - not down does not always mean up - it can mean no movement, an easy mistake considering, you said there was no movement in your first post.

All is clear now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with carbs.