food before early morning WO

Options
Hey everyone

I have a bit of a dilemma. I was with my personal trainer this morning for a circuit class. The training I do is at hypoxic, (simulated high altitude) so there is 14.2% oxygen in the room rather than 21% in normal atmosphere.

It's a tougher workout w/faster results (and tougher on my purse, but that's not important).

Anyway, I was feeling woozy after the class, and PT asked what I'd eaten and I told the truth and said nothing. I think he was a bit disappointed that I didn't have something.
I'm up at 5.30, get ready and drive to the city for class at 7.
I didn't eat cause I'm afraid I'll vom.

He suggested I have a banana, and I'll be doing that before the next session, but I'd like some feedback on what you guys eat/don't eat before a workout.

I really love the training, and I want to be firing on all cylinders at my workouts.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, feel free to friend request me :D

HAPPY HUMP DAY

Replies

• gazrec
    gazrec Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi, dont have a banana.. im up at 5am and do bootcamp at 6am today i decided to try a banana before the workout.... bad idea.... still finished the bootcamp but felt strange and slightly sick its too heavy in my opinion i have a soluble energy tab before i set out.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I work out fasted. No food.

Further, If I don't have to be anywhere I push my workout time until just before I break my fast. So last night I stopped eating at 9pm, and today I will start working out just before noon, have a shake at 1pm, and a big meal between 1-2 pm.
  • Maedes
    Maedes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana 30-45 minutes before, I haven't had a problem with it. If I don't have bananas on hand I'll have half a slice of bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter.

It all depends on what you feel you can handle though. :)