To all the newbies out there: If i can do this, anyone can!!

swerdygnome
swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Hi Everybody,

I'm absolutely ecstatic today because after 5 weeks on this site, there is 10 pounds less of me on this planet!! Who knew that counting calories and exercising was all that was needed to lose weight??!! LOL What a concept. After all of the money I've spent in the past on diets that have ultimately failed, here I am succeeding and feeling better than ever with a site that is absolutely free! I don't know about you guys, but I am totally addicted now to logging my food and exercise.

My advice to all of the newbies out there: hang in there! I was one of those people who thought that I just couldn't lose weight like everybody else, yet I'm doing it now and loving life. Think short term goals, not long term. There's no magic to it, watch what you eat and do some exercise. If you go over your calories one day, don't freak out and give up, tomorrow is a new day. Switch up your exercise and push yourself. I turned things up a notch this week with my cardio and it paid off big time. (I've always hated exercise but find myself looking forward to doing my Leslie Sansone dvds) Let the scale motivate you for the next week, whether you have gained or lost.

I have such a feeling of accomplishment today now that I've entered the double digits of weight loss. In the long run, I have a lot more to go, but now I feel so confident that I can actually pull this off. *Computer High 5 to all of you!* Can you take a guess as to what my reward is for myself? Nope, not ice cream. I'm buying the Zumba dvd set! WOOT! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Congratulations!!! Love your positive attitude!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    wow!! awesome! :)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Excellent start! Keep up the work and keep your spirits high and you WILL succeed. Good choice on the reward, I used to reward myself with food but now know that is a mistake.
  • Congrats on your double digit loss!

It's nice to see someone get such great results with this tool in a relatively short period of time. I'm counting my calories and will hopefully see the same great results.

Good luck & keep it up!
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    WTG!
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks guys!! I'm a pretty competitive person so I'm looking at all of this as a challenge that I have committed myself to. I will NOT let the fat win this fight!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!