21 pounds to lose in 4 months possible?

Options
I'd like to know if this is possible, thanks :)

Replies

• ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds in 4 months.
    It's quite possible. :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know if this is possible, thanks :)
    Yes.

This answer is as reliable as the accuracy and quantity of data provided with the question.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options

50lbs in 4 months is amazing!!!!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It will depend to some extend on how much you have to lose. If 21 lbs is all you have to lose, then it might not happen. Your weight loss will slow down the closer you are to a healthy weight. If you have eg. 100 lbs to lose, then it is a lot more possible.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options
    It's very possible though it's easier to tell when we know your height, weight, amount you eat/exercise or plan to eat.

I went from 215 to 191 May1st to today. Almost 26lbs in less than 2 months. There was times of doubt...but keep pushing and if you really want it... You can achieve it.

Get it!!! :drinker: That's FANTASTIC! :)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I sure hope so. I need to lose 25lbs in 5 months!
  • serioustuff
    Options
    [/quote]
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options

I'm fairly sure my body went into shock... :)
    I stopped drinking pop, stopped eating fried ANYTHING, and started walking.

This month I started adding fried food back in... but I have a feeling it will also disappear again soon. I just don't like the way I feel after eating something fried... know what I'm sayin'? :)
  • utterbubble
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of information.

Weight: 133lb
    Height: 5ft (just)

Plan on eating 3 small meals a day (iIve tried 6 smaller meals, and i find i think about food all day lol i prefer 3) also i'm not going to count cals as It drives me barmy!

example:
    cereal and yogurt for b/f
    A sandwich (wholemeal and protein) for lunch and some fruit
    and something with protein, carb and veggies for tea

drinking just water and tea with sweetners

also i had a baby 8 months ago, although some baby weight has come off naturally its now stopped and think i need to shift the rest myself.

also exercise is daily walking, housework, looking after and carrying a child around lol
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds since I started here May 9th and I eat 3-4 meals a day and I am within 50 calories daily (1680 a day) of my set MFP 2 pounds a week loss goal. I only did a complete diet change from meat in every single meal to only having meat every now and then, walk a goal of at least 100 miles a month (5 miles a night 5 days a week at least), not eat when I am bored and went from canned foods to whole Organic fresh produce. So far so good!

*From 2 liters of soda a day to 50-90 ounces of water a day and a Dr. Pepper Ten calorie soda every now and then.
    *Eating candy bars, chips, poptarts, ETC every single day to none at all. (I do like 80%+ dark organic chocolate sometimes)
    *I added a fat free organic yogurt into my daily diet for a snack with whatever fresh organic berries are on sale mixed in.
    *I also take a single 500mg Organic Green Tea extract capsule every morning in the middle of my breakfast. I'd drink it but I hate green tea flavor. If I do drink tea it has to be really sweet or I just gag, but I have cut out added sugars so I avoid it.
    *Instead of eating my entire plate of food after I am full so "I don't waste it", I'll put leftovers in a ziplock or in foil and eat it tomorrow.

You didn't ask for advice directly, but maybe what I've done can help? 21 pounds is entirely possible, determination has helped me. I want to fit in my clothes that actually look nice that I've had in my dresser bottom drawer for 5 years once again instead of this XL and XXL clothes that not only costs more but have very limited on what I can even buy in terms of looks. Good luck!
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 when its difficult to lose weight and I've lost 21 lbs in just under 4 months using the 5:2 way of eating. You may like to google that.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but you are a lot closer to a good healthy weight than those of us that lost a bunch somewhat quickly. I did 50 in 6 months, but I am really slowing it down as I approach goal.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It is possible, I lost 26 in 3 months. But you have to consider some things. Are you just starting a program, or have you already been losing weight. Are you close to goal? Etc.

I went from not exercising and eating like crap to eating healthy and exercising 4-5 times a week. So of course I was kick started and lost 2-3 pounds a week in the first month or so. I have now slowed to about 1-1.5 pounds a week. Which is a normal rate, since I am in a normal weight range for my height and only have about 14-19 pounds left to lose.