SLOW DOWN! and read this :)

Options
You're probably wondering who the heck i am and why you should listen to me.
Well my name is bethany and you dont have to but i like to talk and share my experience - even if i dont get listened to :)

Many a times have i seen (or been the one) jumping up and down from different macro ratios and diet changes due to what new information or diet/bodysculpting breakthrough has been founded. There is so much biast in the fitness and nutrition world its almost silly. We all - or some seem to jump on the next big thing and make remarkable claims about how something did/did not work for us. Then we go er... when we realise we may have moved to fast and made hasty decisions that didnt end up working the way we thought or stopped something else from working in the right way. Ive done this before but of recent times ive made a real big effore to just slow down, take notes in my head about things that work and dont work and dont make any hasty decisions right away.. then yes trial and error but slowly and surely.. nothing hasty!

So before you throw your hands up and say THIS ISNT WORKING! dont change the gameplan completely, make small adjustments to help you reach your goals :)! I hope this made sense! thank youuuuu for listening!

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes thats exactly what I am doing and it is working.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I hear you, OP. I think the hardest thing for all of us is the dreaded "plateau".. We should all be thankful for a plateau as it is an opportunity to understand our needs better. And it sure beats gaining!

We all want change, but don't want to do anything different.. It's a mindset I had to really reach a point of being totally unhappy with my fitness level before I decided to change my lifestyle.

Best wishes on your fitness lifelong journey!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I agree with what you said. I just want to add that the small changes you mentioned should be changes you can stick with forever. Don't do some crash and burn type thing. Don't completly cut anything out of your daily foods unless you plan on keeping it out forever. If a person wants to loose weight then many plans will work, however if they want to loose the weight forever then any changes need to be long term changes. Hence the yo-yo dieting that so many struggle with. The constant gaining of the weight back.
  • stagingfirstplace
    stagingfirstplace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    great ad-ons guys spot on :)
  • Weston1973
    Weston1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. So many times I have been frustrated because I didn't see instant results. I think I have tried every fad diet there is, with fast results but immediate gain after I go off the diet. Slow and steady wins the race. I have changed the way I am thinking about food and exercise - Now I am see the results I have been looking for, I just have to be patient. :flowerforyou: