Juicing and documenting in my "Myfitnesspal"

Options
Hi all...
I have read some of the posts about juicing...
The one thing that I couldn't find was how or what do I put into my Myfitnesspal to follow my intake.
So sorry if this is a repeat.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enter what I juice in the morning??

I have to say juicing is incredible and has helped me in countless ways.
The important thing about juicing is getting fiber and protein in my diet as well; so far it has been a great change for my life and
diet.

That is why it is important for me to find out a way to include my juicing into Myfitnesspal.

Thanks, Bud

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Juicing removes the fiber....who are you listening to?
  • Yum2MyTum
    Yum2MyTum Posts: 1
    Options
    I am trying to find a way for the app to automatically calculate my juice intake but for now I save a recipe with my juicing ingredients and allow the app to calculate the calories normally I then take the grams of fiber, multiple by 4 and subtract from that serving of calories. (1 gram of fiber = 4 calories). I take the new calorie total and enter it into my app manually. It would be nice for the app to calculate this automatically but for now this will have to do. I just hate the extra steps.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Juicing removes the fiber....who are you listening to?

Depends on the juicer and the setting. Some fiber usually seeps in with the juice. Juicing can be a great help getting all your daily needed minerals, vitamins and enzymes in, provided you make sure your the fiber intake doesn't suffer! Chia seeds, hemps seeds and hemp proteins are all high in fiber, omega 3 and low calories.

Putting it into MFP is indeed a challenge I struggle with as well. I usually pick one from the database that is closest....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi all...
    I have read some of the posts about juicing...
    The one thing that I couldn't find was how or what do I put into my Myfitnesspal to follow my intake.
    So sorry if this is a repeat.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enter what I juice in the morning??

I have to say juicing is incredible and has helped me in countless ways.
    The important thing about juicing is getting fiber and protein in my diet as well; so far it has been a great change for my life and
    diet.

That is why it is important for me to find out a way to include my juicing into Myfitnesspal.

Thanks, Bud

Log the items used. Done.
  • PRIMEJuicers
    PRIMEJuicers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There are some saved recipes from others that I use and then there's always creating your own. Here's a good website that may help. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's a start.

http://juicerecipes.com/