How do I enter this under exercise?

Options
I did this workout "Ellen Barrett-Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend" and I do not know how to log this... can someone please help me?? thanks!

Oh.. and I do not have a HRM! So ............................:D

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    To know about the amount of calories burned you should wear a HRM that gives you that info. Then under exercises you can create your own exercise and enter the amount of calories there.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Situations like this are a good reason to have a heart rate monitor. :)

In the meantime, you could compare your 'exertion' level to a similar workout of running/jogging/aerobics/walking.....
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I was wondering for a similar thing, but not everyone has the money for a HRM..so until I have the funds, I'm gonna wing it.
  • Shell5683
    Shell5683 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about investing in a heart rate monitor....? This is how I keep track of the calories burned during my p90x workouts. I purchased mine a few months ago for around $100 (Polar p6, I think). It records your workouts and provides you with your target zones based on your age in order to maximize your workout. At the end of each week, it will provide you with a weekly total (also daily, at the end of each workout). Give it a try! It's a great long-term investment to get healthy and fit! :o)
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    what was your perceived level of exertion? if you don't have a hrm - because i can't afford one either. don't feel bad...

if you can sing happy birthday to you all the way through - low
    if you can get through the first two happy birthday to you's without running out of breath - you're at about medium
    if you get through happy birthday - high level

that should help with intensity level. that's from my running coach , who got it from her trainer.

from the description, i'd say it's probably a low intensity, more of a strength training. that's just my two cents.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    what was your perceived level of exertion? if you don't have a hrm - because i can't afford one either. don't feel bad...

if you can get through the first two happy birthday to you's without running out of breath - you're at about medium

that should help with intensity level. that's from my running coach , who got it from her trainer.

from the description, i'd say it's probably a low intensity, more of a strength training. that's just my two cents.

That's different! Never heard of that!! Thanks!!!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Not all HRM cost $100....I got mine for $43 - Strapless....it is like a watch.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/mio-classic.html

It does the trick just fine....I love it actually.....and my trainers at the gym think it is the neatest thing.
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I agree with Bru!! that is a new way!! thanks!