stretch marks - don't do that to yourself!

Options
so... i got stretch marks on my arm :(((
i always had them on my butt, inner thighs and love handles, but i thought that worst thing is when you have them on arms and belly. and now i got them. i said arm because i got them only on ONE ARM! >.<
now i'm dedicated more than ever to lose weight! but i shouldn't even allow myself to get to this point...

does anybody know how i got them only on one hand? btw it's my left arm and i'm right handed, so i got them on my ''smaller'' arm :?

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sigh* i have them on my "bigger" arm. I have just noticed them. Its only a couple and they are hard to see but its definitely a bummer! I dont know if i got them from gaining weight or loosing it too fast. I have stretch marks all over my body after having my two kids, so I am learning to embrace them and live with them. Nothing we can do about it. :ohwell:
  • mrs_castro
    mrs_castro Posts: 11
    Options
    I got tons of stretch marks from my pregnancy almost three years ago. So even when I get down to my goal weight, I will never be able to wear a two piece bathing suit comfortably because they're everywhere! I'd love to hear other people's success stories on getting rid of stretch marks! I feel like I've tried everything.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You could try the stuff they sell to pregnant woman that are suppose to help with stretch marks. Not sure if they really work. I think genetics comes into play a bit here in regards to skin elasticity. Some people are more prone to them then others. Good luck on your journey!
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have some on only one arm too! I mean I have them on both, but I have more on the one... They have this wonderful stretch mark cream at baby's-r-us called Mederma stretch marks therapy. I actually asked for it at my baby shower after I saw the stretch marks on my belly begin to multiply despite my constant soakings in cocoa butter. It helps reduce the redness of them a lot! I've used it all over my body at this point for the stretch marks on my arms as well as my legs :/ Just keep up the hard work and stay focused! :)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've had stretchmarks since I was 13 (so literally half my life) and the got worse when I gain a lot of weight. Don't care - still wearing my bikini dang it. I have them on my hips, thighs, and stomach.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    well... i wasn't pregnant :/
    if i was, it would be different story. i know that i, and only i did that to myself by getting fat :(
    mine are red and gross, but i know they'll turn white after some time.
    i'm scared to lift my hands in public :'(

mrs-castro - have you tried laser removal?
    http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Stretch-Marks
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ooooh stretchmarks! I have them on my arms, legs, back, thighs and of course my tummy... Obviously I cant put them all down to being pregnant, I wasnt exactly pregnant in my arm now was I, haha. Mine have now faded, like all stretchmarks do, to silvery soft lines. And you want to know something? I love them! Not only do they remind me of my beautiful little dude but also my contuing battle with my weight, they are my battle scars and I am proud of them. My fiance loves them too, he says the skin is so soft to the touch. I like to think they add a little character to an otherwise bland skin. You have to learn to love them, you can change their appearance with tanning and such but they will always be there xx
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bah. No use worrying about stretch marks. Almost everybody has them, there is nothing you can do about them, and no one else really cares if you have them or not. Who is judging other peoples stretch marks? Nobody I care about.

When I finally get to a stable healthy weight I'm wearing a two piece, stretch marks be damned.
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    stretchmarks.jpg
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bah. No use worrying about stretch marks. Almost everybody has them, there is nothing you can do about them, and no one else really cares if you have them or not. Who is judging other peoples stretch marks? Nobody I care about.

When I finally get to a stable healthy weight I'm wearing a two piece, stretch marks be damned.

I totally agree. Everyone does have them somewhere. My son (the one thats 20 lol) has them due to growth spurts in childhood. He has never, ever been overweight. We've got what we've got...we aren't supermodels or movie stars so no airbrushing in real life. It's all good! :flowerforyou:
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    thank you all for nice words :)))
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My husband has stretchies on his hips and back because he grew tall so quickly. He went from being the shortest in his class to the tallest in about 8 months! Heck of a growing spurt.

I didn't get any stretchies until I got pregnant. First place one popped up? Behind my knee, on the back of both my legs! Some down onto my calves. I got them on my back (down over my hips), my hips, my belly, boobs and inner thighs all while pregnant. I never would have worn a 2 piece again even if I didn't gain weight!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    stretchmarks.jpg

Love this! Clearly, there is nothing unattractive about this woman. Don't sweat the stretchmarks. They make you more interesting. They are like a roadmap of your life.
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got them on one arm too! But mine was during puberty. They're also on my non-dominant arm. The ones on my hips, thighs, and butt I understood and don't have a huge problem with - that's where I started to carry my weight. But ARMS? And why only one?! My arms are both the same size... Why don't I have them on my calves? My calves were huge!

Bodies are weird. :D
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got tons of stretch marks from my pregnancy almost three years ago. So even when I get down to my goal weight, I will never be able to wear a two piece bathing suit comfortably because they're everywhere! I'd love to hear other people's success stories on getting rid of stretch marks! I feel like I've tried everything.
    I have stretch marks everywhere and I still wear a bikini. They become a pearly shade with time, and barely noticeable depending on the lighting conditions (I have very light skin and they're almost the same shade). I have to say I never get tanned though. I have skin issues and I have to wear spf50-90. I don't know if they would get tanned or not, my guess is that they would stay white and make me look like a tabby cat.

To get rid of them only invasive procedures are effective these days. No ointment or cream will truly help (or so my dermatologist said). I've read somewhere that there are invasive treatments and they inject collagen on each stretchmark but I don't know how well they turn out.

BTW, none of them got worse because of weightloss, and I don't have any new stretch mark because of my weightloss.

All the ones I have I got them from puberty and obesity.
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My fiance loves them too, he says the skin is so soft to the touch. I like to think they add a little character to an otherwise bland skin. You have to learn to love them, you can change their appearance with tanning and such but they will always be there xx

My husband is obsessed with petting my stretch marks saying how the skin there is so soft he loves it! I'm glad he's not the only man out there who thinks so!!