Do u take Rover?

Options
anyone take their dog walking with them? I know my husband and I need to take our Maltase (Sasha) before she get overweight. (not that she close). And I think outside exercise would be nice for her.

Replies

• Rashonne76
    Options
    Oh please you don't even want to walk her downstair and beside Im not taken that THING outside
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do I have two dogs (1 1/2 yrs ans 10 1/2 yrs)...I take the puppy around my subdivision once before stopping to get the 'old man' overwise the pup drags the other one...both are boxer mixes....It is good for me and them and if my son is home he comes too. It is very nice and my dogs are much happier for it....Sometimes they even moviate me to go when I wasn't going too....There start whining to go after they eat.
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    Oh please you don't even want to walk her downstair and beside Im not taken that THING outside

That's so not true.. And she's a likely messy right now but thing isn't nice.
  • agtony65
    agtony65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's not what she was expecting
  • Keisha79
    Options
    I do I have two dogs (1 1/2 yrs ans 10 1/2 yrs)...I take the puppy around my subdivision once before stopping to get the 'old man' overwise the pup drags the other one...both are boxer mixes....It is good for me and them and if my son is home he comes too. It is very nice and my dogs are much happier for it....Sometimes they even moviate me to go when I wasn't going too....There start whining to go after they eat.

I love this... Motivation to exercise from any source is so good.
  • ren315
    ren315 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take my dog, Lexy for walks with me. She is a red-bone hound, and loves to stretch her legs! I like to walk at least 3 miles around my neighborhood, but she usually can only take 2. When I first started taking her she was a little rambungious, but she does really awesome now, she even know what side of me to walk on. We have never taken her for any training, so it makes me feel even better. There was one day that I was going to go without her, but then she saw me put on my shoes and she knew, she headed straight for the door. I felt guilty so I had to bring her!

Good luck to you and your Sasha walking days!!
  • Keisha79
    Options

No it wasn't.. And my husband is mean. :-)
  • sweidner
    Options
    I have a collie/beagle mix, Maggie. I don't take her cause she is so slow. She is only 5 yrs. but you'd think she was 12 ! Plus she has to stop and sniff everything. I take her separate from my serious walking routine.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I definately take my doggies. A chow/retriever mix (Sweetie) and chi/maltese mix(Sassy)....they loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee their walks! We usually come home dead tired after 25-45 min walks. We take a couple of rest breaks cuz Sweetie is 13 and Sassy has short legs and their momma gets pooped too! :laugh:
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    There was one day that I was going to go without her, but then she saw me put on my shoes and she knew, she headed straight for the door. I felt guilty so I had to bring her!

That is sooo our dog, she sees us putting our shoes on and she thinks she is going for a walk!!

Jody
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    I take my German Shephard out about 4-5 times a week for 3-4 mile walk (60-75 minutes). He likes to go and sometimes I just need the calories. Plus it calms him down for quite a while.
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yup mine go with me..I have 3 boxers and the boys go first with them we walk 2.1 miles or walk/ run. Then I pick up my old girl and we do another mile together. With all of my dogs I have to do 3 miles a day. We go first thing in the morning or the youngest gets into trouble. No matter how tired I am they make sure we go. They are my...Enforcers....LOL
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I get my new puppy Sunday!! We always had dogs growing up, but I have never had my own. She was just too sweet to pass up. Anyway, I plan to take her for walks. I have a nice little walking trail a block from my house, so I thought I would take her over there and walk with her. We'll see how it goes.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old Lhasa, a 5 year old Shih tzu, and a 14 year old "Yorkshire Terror." We walk about 40 minutes every day. If it is very warm out, the Lhasa and the Shih tzu will head for the nearest shady spot and go "on strike," while the Yorkie, the OLDEST of the 3 will stand around and look annoyed as he is ready to keep going!!

One day, I had all three of them with me, and the Shih tzu just decided-"Enough"--and refused to move. I was on a narrow timeframe, as I was meeting someone for dinner. I didn't have time to stand around for 10 minutes until he felt like moving, so I picked him up.
    As I crossed in front of a car waiting to pull out of the driveway, those inside were laughing at the sight of me carrying almost 20 lbs. of black Shih tzu with the other two trailing behind. They laughed even harder when I told them that I was carrying the YOUNGEST of the three!!:noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yep - my pups are the motivation I walk some days. Even though I don't feel like it, they get too frenzied in the house if I don't. Both are 4 year old, energetic dogs. Usually my husband takes the lab cross and I take my beagle/daschund cross and we walk for an hour or so an evening. He also occasionally takes them for runs, both don't stop too much when they're running so they aren't a bother.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My dogs are part of my fitness routine...they get walked 7 days/week...all 3 of them get their own walk time, so 3 separate walks of 20-25 minutes each which means in addition to my 45 minute workout, I'm getting a 60-75 minute walk each day as well (and the dog walk generally burns 425-500 calories)
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I take mine when I'm walking, especially if I'm alone early in the morning. It adds to my workout because I end up dragging her along with me :laugh:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

No it wasn't.. And my husband is mean. :-)

Take the dog, leave the husband home. :tongue:

I have small dog, too (japanese chin). She can walk for a good 2 miles or so and she's a fast walker for being so little (10 lbs) unless it is hot, then she can't go so far. Then I just end up carrying her, which is a good reminder why I want to lose weight!