Friends Success Story

Options
My college roommate and I graduated from UT in the 80s. She's in Austin, I'm in Pittsburgh and we try to stay in touch. In January I asked if she wanted to join me on mfp - I had recently lost my father, and had quit drinking ... She said OK. We each had some days of plateaus, frustration, lack of motivation. But usually I could look forward to progress, and many upbeat exchanges on MFP (usually saying NSV! NSV!). Starting in January, She bikes and walks, I do ellipticals, a little running, now rowing. 6 months later, we have each lost about 35 lbs and are back to college weight levels! We are meeting this weekend in Charleston for our victory celebration. And what we have to celebrate is much more than just weight loss. :)

Good luck to everyone out there - find a friend or rediscover an old friend!

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and to your friend! It's great that you've found a place to work together and support each other...AND rediscover health! How remarkable! I hope you two have a great time in Charleston! ENJOY!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Aww, I love this story. What an amazing way to support each other and keep your friendship strong.
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I love everything about it! Enjoy your trip, it sounds like you both will have a great time!
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - I hope you two really enjoy your celebration meet-up!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    So many talk about how the support of mfp helped them through. And so great you could pal up with someone with shared life history.. Enjoy the trip and catching up on old times..and your new fit body.
  • taylan14
    taylan14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! My cousin who lives in Canada (I am in Texas) has lost 90 pounds - and is an huge inspiration to all of her friends and family. I recently got a chance to see her, at a family reunion. She has big time reason to celebrate! When I saw her - I wanted to celebrate with her - and for her! What a tremendous accomplishment! Congrats on your loss - and your friends - and keeping in touch as well! Way to go!
  • sjlapins
    sjlapins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and great job on the weight loss!! I have a friend who lives 800 + miles away but we talk almost everyday and have helped each other through our weight loss journey!! Without her support and friendship I would be lost!! :)
  • clgarfinkel
    clgarfinkel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice replies :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!