Today at work, someone said...

Options
Daisey4522
Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
Today at work someone said "if you turn sideways you would disappear!"

It's clearly not true, as I still have more weight to lose, but it felt pretty good that people are recognizing my results!

How long and/or after how many lbs lost did it take for someone to notice your weight loss? What did they say?

Replies

• JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thats great that someone noticed Daisey :wink:
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is AWESOME!

Just last night, a friend of mine whom I've known for almost 20 years said "I don't even recognize you...you're like your own little brother!"

That was an amazing feeling.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Had someone say, "I feel like every time I see you, you get thinner!"
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Thats great that someone noticed Daisey :wink:

It is great :) Thank you!!
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had 35lbs to use and it took about 20lbs lost before people commented.
  • Daisey4522
    Options

Just last night, a friend of mine whom I've known for almost 20 years said "I don't even recognize you...you're like your own little brother!"

Thanks and congratulations to you too! How many lbs do you think you lost since the last time they saw you?
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful, I bet it feels so rewarding!
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    For me it was twenty odd lbs before anyone commented then it came in floods haha.

Good job on your part!
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are some of the best kind of results =oD

On a side note: I find it kinda ironic that I get ice cream ads on the side xoP
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Congrats! Those are some of the best kind of results =oD

On a side note: I find it kinda ironic that I get ice cream ads on the side xoP

Thanks!

When I first signed up I got McDonald's Ads!!!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A relative of mine thought I was anorexic after about only losing about 10 pounds.

EDIT: I've lost track of how many McDonald's ads I've seen to. I think it's humorous, actually. I haven't been there in quite some time.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant - well done!

I'm not very far along in my weight loss journey (only 5lbs) but I seem to lose weight off my face first and that's what people normally notice. Unfortunately, that person is normally my mother and I think she says these things just to make me feel better! Oh well, still a lot of pounds left to go :)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Great comment from a coworker OP. Mine have been along with me from the beginning, but we have drug reps that come in about once a month and several of them have started calling me the amazing shrinking person!:glasses: It took most of them about a 50lb loss to notice but lately it has started showing in my face and neck more. I have gotten more comments with the last 15-20 pounds than with the first 40. It's okay though because the first 40 were easier than the last 20:bigsmile: :drinker: !
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats on your success!!! It's kind of funny but I started getting more compliments around 20 pounds off. I think it was because I bought some pants and a few tops that fit me better. I notice that when I wear a top that fits me tighter, I get compliments but when I wear a loose fitting top, not one compliment LOL :noway: For me personally, I needed the new clothes to help my self esteem. From a 20W pants to a 16W at this time. I only buy enough to get me through till my next "noticing you have had a family move out of the seat of those pants" compliment :laugh:
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    That's brilliant - well done!

I'm not very far along in my weight loss journey (only 5lbs) but I seem to lose weight off my face first and that's what people normally notice. Unfortunately, that person is normally my mother and I think she says these things just to make me feel better! Oh well, still a lot of pounds left to go :)

I think the face is the most noticeable place to lose weight! The weight came off my face first too, and made a huge difference in the way I look at myself. I consider myself lucky that my body kept it's shape even when heavier (just a thicker curvier version) so it's hard to tell when I lose from my body. That's why I was so shocked and felt good when I received that comment today.

Keep up the good work -- but I agree with you, my husband increased the amount of times he would say how pretty I was, but I did not take it to heart since he's my husband... same with your mom. But they are probably right. It's great when people notice your accomplishments, even if it is your mom :)
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started getting the compliments at around 20lbs. It was actually my boss that first asked if I was losing weight. As dark as I am, I think I actually blushed. It felt really good. Now I tend to get the comments as I update fb profile pics or from people that haven't seen me in a couple of months.

On another note, for those of us who were REALLY big, it is interesting because you can lose a good 20-30lbs and while you feel better on the inside, you are so heavy and have been pushing your clothes to the limit, that it doesn't show. Then all of a sudden you start getting to that dropping a pants size every 10-15 lbs place and YOU start really feeling good. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options

Thanks and congratulations to you too! How many lbs do you think you lost since the last time they saw you?

Oh, I see him all of the time - we play hockey together and hang out ouside of that as well. I've just always been the heavy one and I've lost 60lbs since September, so I think he was just referring to the relatively quick and drastic change.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I got compliments when I started to get close to my pre-baby weight so around 40lbs, I think before that people were afraid to say anything because I had just had a baby and they didn't want to "insult" me. After that I REALLY started getting compliments after I lost another 20lbs.
  • nanabananahogan
    nanabananahogan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's really great! I've lost 17 pounds and few people other than my husband have noticed.
  • jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    It feels great doesn't it? How have you been losing your weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!