Nike+ Running App

Options
Does anyone have this on their iPhone? I've just started using it and could do with some friends that are in the same boat to compete with, add me on here, and on the app (same username).

Luke.

Replies

• CeCePII
    CeCePII Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have it on my Nano but I'm actually having serious issues with it. The only times I've used it it has been way off with my pace and distance. Do you have suggestions on how to get it to be more accurate? If so, I would love to follow you on it.
  • LukeClapham84
    LukeClapham84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To be honest I haven't been using it long enough to see if it's inaccurate or not, I've only logged 1 run but am hoping to use it 3/4 times a week and compare my times etc.
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, i've used it quite a lot (not really much recently but plan to get back into it) it is really good but haven't really used all the features but i love it
    and anyone else who wants to add me on it user name is rhiannon212
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have it on my Nano but I'm actually having serious issues with it. The only times I've used it it has been way off with my pace and distance. Do you have suggestions on how to get it to be more accurate? If so, I would love to follow you on it.

Get runtastic instead, its far better than the Nike app and syncs automatically with MFP. Pro version only costs £1.99
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Get runtastic instead, its far better than the Nike app and syncs automatically with MFP. Pro version only costs £1.99

I love runtastic!! I don't like that you have to buy the Nike shoes to put whatever that thing is into it. I have had great experiences with runtastic...
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

^^this!^^
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I just started using it. Not a huge runner so I probably wouldn't be any competition but I would love to have numbers to strive for from others.

user name - mojo724
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPod or iPhone or something along those lines that you run with, you don't have to have Nikes. I LOVE the Nike+ app. I've found it to be very accurate and the syncing is extremely easy. I love that it tells me what mile I'm on, my halfway point and counts down the last 400 meters. Best app I have personally found for my runs.

CeloTX if you want to add me.
  • Kymberlee80
    Kymberlee80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im having the same issues!! :-(
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Week 3 Day 2 of C25K and using the Nike+ app also. Anyone can add me - user name is Mike_Rose46
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    gotcha added! feel free to add me as well. bsix3
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ Sports Watch. I love it. Feel Free to add me... brc912!
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use my IPod and the Nike+ app if I walk or run outside. I also have a HRM which shows me burning more calories than the app does, so I go by my HRM for that and not the Nike app. I haven't used it much but haven't had any issues the times that I have used it.

I don't think I've figured out how to add people though =(
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    If you have an iPod or iPhone or something along those lines that you run with, you don't have to have Nikes. I LOVE the Nike+ app. I've found it to be very accurate and the syncing is extremely easy. I love that it tells me what mile I'm on, my halfway point and counts down the last 400 meters. Best app I have personally found for my runs.

I guess I had the wrong idea about it...what do you do with that chip thing then? Can you just put it in your pocket??
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I also love the Nike+ app and have never had issues with it (except on the occassion when I paused my workout and forgot to resume it LOL). I have checked the distances and they are spot on and do not deviate from run to run. Also love the ability to change the feed back to different distances depending on what I am trying to accomplish for the each run. I am not sure about the "chip" thing as I don't have one....of course I never bought Nike running shoes either.....
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I guess I had the wrong idea about it...what do you do with that chip thing then? Can you just put it in your pocket??

I don't have the chip. I just use the app which goes by GPS.
  • ken_hogan
    Options

I don't have the chip. I just use the app which goes by GPS.

Ahh...ok. I guess I thought you needed the chip in addition to the app. Off to check it out!!
  • epiazza7
    epiazza7 Posts: 6
    Options
    The Running Club app is cool if you are looking for group / social features, it basically lets you run live with other people, or re-race other peoples group runs.
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    I use it and will add you
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    added you guys :) i'm pretty sure my username on there is annebaum but i know the email is xfatedl0vex@aol.com so you can search me either way :)