My weightloss so far in perspective

Options
zeezeemum
zeezeemum Posts: 9 Member
I started trying to lose weight on 7th Jan 2013 and as of 19th May 2013, when the 'after' picture was taken, I was down to 167 Lbs from 204 Lbs bringing my total weightloss to 37 Lbs. Since then, a month on, I have not lost any weight and feeling rather down about it and moaning to my husband that despite my best efforts, the scale has not moved at all or in the right direction.
He put things in perspective and said 'Do you know how many ladies out there would like to have a body like yours?'
That made me realise how far I have come and 6 months ago, I would have done anything to be at this weight now. I still have 20 Lbs to lose to get to my goal weight, but right now I am applauding my efforts and keeping at it. So now I dont beat myself up about not losing because whenever I feel like my hard work is not paying off, I think about what my husband said and that puts my weightloss in perspective.
I dont want to think that I have hit a plateau as I've just started lifting heavier machine weights but my measurements are still the same. At least I'm maintaining, that itself is a good thing right?

PS: I hope the pictures show up. I have no idea whether I've done it right.

e212c30d-1b1e-44fa-bf3f-be3103287268_zps7eb109b6.jpg[/URL]

Copyofclip_image001_zpsb5e56d96.jpg

Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats on your weight loss!!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the good work. Lifting will pay off,give it more time:)
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! What a difference in just 6 months. I can totally relate to your frustration of plateauing. I've been losing so slowly that sometimes I wonder whether it's worth all the hard work. But, when I got my blood work back a few months ago and saw in medical terms how much healthier I am now, I got a much needed reality check. Yes, it is worth every minute I've dedicated to this healthy lifestyle. My advice is to never, never, never give up! Look for NSV's and celebrate them every chance you get! And, just look at those two pictures you posted---that should be motivation enough!!
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done you DO look amazing and your husband is totally right (and as a newly married lady I dont say that lightly! ;o) )
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Listen to your husband for sure because you look beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • welltrainedmama
    welltrainedmama Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Stick with what you are doing and be proud of what you have accomplished!! Sounds like you have a good husband, too!

Cindy
    A glimpse at my 40+ lbs weight loss journey: http://youtu.be/EttwviubBF4
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :smile: Oh my! Job well done! Maybe you just need to change something small to get things going again? I know that I have promised myself that I will be realitic when I get close to my goal and reevaluate how I feel...could you have a goal that is too low for your body? When is the last time anyone asked you that. right?!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic. You've also found a wonderful partner!

I'm sure you will figure out the missing key and get those last 20 pounds off.

I'm one of those women your hubby is talking about who would love a body like yours!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    you do look great..and don't let that dreaded plateau make you thwart your progress. Tweak.. eat more.. take a rest.. switch up your workout routine.. or just wait it out... but you look amazing. you have a great man in your life too. lucky.
  • jj_15493
    jj_15493 Posts: 7
    Options
    You look amazeballs! Keep up the great work. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!