arm band monitor

Options
I am curious about the any arm band monitor that tracks your heart rate and calories burned...is there any good ones with a reasonable price?

Replies

• rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hoping to hear more on this as well. I currenlty use a Garmin chest starp heart rate monitor and was hoping for suggestions on a wrist/arm band style...
  • Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Body Media Fit armband since February, and I just love it. There is an app for your phone, so you can sync everything up with MFP. It works great!
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The two are seperate devices. The heart rate monitor (HRM) tracks your heart rate and calories during a period of exercise, to help you achieve your heart rate goal for exercise. The activity monitor (fitbit, jawbone up, Bodymedia fit) tracks your overall activity 24/7 to help give you the total calories expended in a day, but does not track your heart rate.

Prices are variable depending on what you buy. The Polar ft4 hrm is about 65 at amazon. Bodymedia armband goes from 90-120, but there is a monthly fee. Fitbit goes from 60-100 with no monthly fee.
    Mike
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I also have a bodymedia armband. Love it. I also have a Garmin with a HRM. The HRM info can be uploaded to the bodymedia site so it's with everything else, but the armband calculates calorie burn all day and doesn't use HR to do so. For running, the armband & the Garmin are nearly dead-on for calorie burns. I don't have any other way to measure how many calories I burn doing laundry or sitting around, so I'm going to assume the armband is accurate on that as well.
  • idahopacker
    idahopacker Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have used the BodyMedia Core armband for nearly a year and it is one of the best tracking devices I have ever used. Since it tracks the intensity of my activity, I rarely use my heart rate monitor now. You get what you pay for and the subscription is worth every dollar!