what calorie counter do you use?

Options
I am looking for a calorie counter that lets me know how much I burn on a daily basis. Is there a certain model I can get that I can wear all day? I currently have a band I wear on my left arm and have been wearing it for 2years so replacing that will be no problem and keeping it on. must be water proof. not extreme diving or anything just 10-20ft depth.

Replies

• Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    bump
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The water proof requirement will likely be the issue. I have the FitBit One and love it - but it's not waterproof. I don't know if the FitBit Flex is - it's the bracelet version of the FitBit.

I don't think the Body Media is waterproof either.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dont do any of that s o
    i use here .my fitness pal
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Flex is water proof.

I looked around and found this on fitbits site:
    While it is water resistant and can be submerged up to 10 meters, Flex is not designed to track swimming activities. If you want to better reflect your swimming activity and calories burned, we recommend logging the activity on the Activities page of your Dashboard.
    https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/917789-what-does-fitbit-flex-track-

edit:
    I use a Fitbit Zip and absolutely love it. Although it isn't water proof it is still nice to get a general idea of my activity level in a typical day.
  • Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    thanks shadow yea they are back ordered quite a bit :( it seems like a good one but i don't want to wait for ever lol.
  • mnestle
    mnestle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree that you might have an issue with the water proof thing. Mine is a watch and chest strap that I wear and is durable for sweat and a quick jump in the water to cool off but i dont know how it would do for prolonged time in the water.
  • thatonegirlinohio
    thatonegirlinohio Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks shadow yea they are back ordered quite a bit :( it seems like a good one but i don't want to wait for ever lol.

If you really want a Zip you can order one off of Amazon. I got mine from there over a month ago and really like it.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I wasn't pleased with the Fitbit Flex and I sent it back yesterday. I now have the Fitbit One and I'm enjoying it. I thought I read that it was waterproof but don't quote me on that.
  • anazombee
    anazombee Posts: 31
    Options
    there are lots of calorie counters that have built in pedometers and heart rate monitors. I use Mio motion, there is also fit bit and others that are great. Look at eBay for a good deal cuz these things can get expensive!!!!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend didn't want to wait for the backorder, so took the plunge and paid the extra $50 and got a FitBit Flex off of ebay. Brand new, perfectly fine....just a little more pricey because he didn't want to wait. LOL!

They are waterproof up to 10 metesr which is pretty good, and some people DO use them for swimming, actually. I don't, but that's mostly because I don't like the feel of the wet rubber around my wrist. I even take it off when I shower because of that. but you need to be sure to dry the entire thing when you're out - inside and out - so it doesn't trap the water.

I love my FitBit Flex and it really helps keep track of what I burn so I am sure I'm eating back the right amount of calories.
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I ordered my FitBitFlex in MAy- still waiting. The wait time was estimated 6-8 weeks. :( Would love to see how it does with the sleep tracking because I have sleep apnea.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    the Fitbits are also sold in best buy. I purchased my flex from there last week. I love it!
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the UP by Jawbone and it's waterproof. The only times I have to take it off is to sync it and to charge it. I shower with it and swim with it. I did look at the others (Fitbit and Nike) but because of where I work I can't have the bluetooth :( So far I've really liked the UP and I LOVE that it will vibrate when I haven't been active for a set amount of time. Since I do have a desk job I lose track of time. Before the UP I wouldn't move for several hours. Now if I don't move for an hour it will vibrate and I'll get up and walk the halls for a few minutes. I've been much more active since I started wearing it.