snack attacj

Options
theGuest
theGuest Posts: 117 Member
Hi all,

I really need some snack ideas. Usually I'm a fruit and cheese string or carrots and nuts kinda girl.

So I need some ideas of what I can have as a snack. does not necissarily have to be quick or portable, just tasty, filling and healthy.

Any suggestions?

*edit title should be "snack attack"

Replies

• theGuest
    Options
    Hi all,

I really need some snack ideas. Usually I'm a fruit and cheese string or carrots and nuts kinda girl.

So I need some ideas of what I can have as a snack. does not necissarily have to be quick or portable, just tasty, filling and healthy.

Any suggestions?

*edit title should be "snack attack"
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I love a whole wheat english muffin half with a little peanut butter (it doesn't take much!). I also saw a 'recipe' in the latest Fitness Mag (love it!!!) for dark chocolate graham crackers: Just melt the little dark choco morsels, spread it on graham crackers and let harden for 10 minutes (if you can!!) I think it was like 100 cals.
  • theGuest
    Options
    Carbs and chocolate are a major no.

It's like a lays commercial - I can't have just one.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I know this is too simple and probably not what you are looking for, but....
    Last night I almost ruined a good day by grabbing the wrong snack. But I put it back in the bag and grabbed a wonderful tomato. I know it doesn't sound like much but if you buy good tomatos, it can be a meal with only 15 to 30 calories. I had some ripe ones on the vine, and it was great. The skin was real thick and it ate almost like a chip with salsa on it. (it was cut kind of in chip cuts) Pretty cool for a healthy snack. I put a little salt on it, but I know you shouldn't.
    Be careful and wash them real good, seem to have alot of the sicky going around in Californina here. I think I got sick from it about 6 weeks ago.:wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I just munched on some Hummus and Multigrain Club crackers. I have heard hummus helps with suppressing the appetite. It seems to curb mine and is soooo yummy!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Carbs and chocolate are a major no.

It's like a lays commercial - I can't have just one.

I did the 'no carb' thing for so long.....until I realized all of the calories i was shoving in my face for energy. Nuts, string cheese.....good for you, in doses, but the amount I had eaten....For me, I have to have 'carbs' in a form or two other than veggies and fruits or the cravings take over and I'm a goner.

Sorry I couldn't help!
  • theGuest
    Options
    the tomatoes are interesting! toasted maybe? or fried? (with pam) and tuna!

interesting.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    MMMM, I have had them roasted before and that is the best. A little crummy topping is great also. I think that will be my snack tonight.
    ? Does cooking the tomato change the calories?