3.5 weeks of NROLFW (pic)

Options
alliebeth88
alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
I can't believe I'm posting these. I'm not a very outgoing person, hence why I removed my face from the photo.

65v6mt.jpg

The left is me the day I started doing stage 1 of NROLFW, with some modifications. 196 lbs.

The right is me this morning at 191 lbs after 3.5 weeks of stage 1, doing 3 heavy lifting workouts per week and cardio in the form of sports or Kinect dance games 1-2 times a week. I am just a hair shy of 5'4. I haven't been strict on calorie counting, just focusing on protein, not drinking my calories, and using moderation with sugars/carbs.

My deadlift went from 50 lbs ---> 125 lbs
Squat went from 45 lbs (struggling with the bar) ---> 75 lbs (stalled, no power rack. Have been upping my reps and sets though until I can get to my school's gym in August)

My pants are falling off me. I'm going to try to hold out until July to go shopping and see how small a size I can get. I am going to be starting NROLFW's Stage 2 early since I am getting bored with stage 1, can't wait for that HIIT!

Thanks for looking :)

Replies

• Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    Such an outstanding achievement in so many ways! Good for you!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I heard that deadlifts were great not only for glutes and hamstrings but also for abs and it definitely shows!!! That is awesome progress in only 3.5 weeks!! Keep up the great work!
  • moniekske1979
    Options
    Great job girl!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wow that's impressive! Good Job!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is very impressive! Great job! I want to start the NROLFW transformation but do not know where to start. How did you get started? What adivice and./or help can you give me? Thanks in advance!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! I love that you noticed (and obviously demonstrate in your pics!) how weight lifting is the way to slim down and be strong in the process!!! And no, pink Barbie-weights aren't going to do it. . . your deadlift weight is INCREDIBLE!!!
    I've lifted before, back in college, but trying to be serious again.. . . . still in Stage 1 but comfortable enough with the routine now to up that weight!!! Thanks for the motivation :-) and I'm with ya, can't wait for the intervals in Stage 2!!! :drinker:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • info_nrs
    Options
    BTW, recommend NROLFW for everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC results so far!!! Stick with it and I'm sure you'll see even better results! :) Great job! :)
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    Nice job I just had my 1st workout yesterday I need to take pics and messurments when I get home
  • info_nrs
    Options
    That is very impressive! Great job! I want to start the NROLFW transformation but do not know where to start. How did you get started? What adivice and./or help can you give me? Thanks in advance!

Just go get the book. It is really easy to read and understand and guides you through everything (even pictures and demos of the exercises) Also tells you have to journal and keep track of your progress if you've never done any weight training before. Although it is an intense program, it is do-able for any level, and made for beginners too!
    Good luck.
  • anazombee
    anazombee Posts: 31
    Options
    wow nice difference! Great Job =) Keep at it!!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Best advice would be to go buy the book or get it from a local library and really read through it and look at the exercises. I bought a home olympic barbell set (300 lbs) to work out at home to start but I am eventually going to transition to my school's gym in late August. I feel like getting my form down at home gives me the confidence to stick with it.

Also I will add that I deviated from the program in that you are supposed to alternate deadlifts and squats each workout day, but I did both each workout and changed my deadlift set/rep pattern to 5x5 as I added more weight.

I also did 2x15 warmup body weight squats, then 1x15 with bar, 1x12 with 50% weight, then 2x12 with my working weight on the squats. Deadlift I did 2x5 at 50% weight then 5x5 at working weight. Not sure if this is "correct" but it felt good and challenging for me.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! Will you continue to post updates? It's so motivating to many to see the process, so many times we see the before and after, it's great to see the during.
  • MsBrwnSugga
    Options
    @info_nrs thanks
  • MsBrwnSugga
    Options

Just go get the book. It is really easy to read and understand and guides you through everything (even pictures and demos of the exercises) Also tells you have to journal and keep track of your progress if you've never done any weight training before. Although it is an intense program, it is do-able for any level, and made for beginners too!
    Good luck.

thanks
  • MsBrwnSugga
    Options

Best advice would be to go buy the book or get it from a local library and really read through it and look at the exercises. I bought a home olympic barbell set (300 lbs) to work out at home to start but I am eventually going to transition to my school's gym in late August. I feel like getting my form down at home gives me the confidence to stick with it.

Also I will add that I deviated from the program in that you are supposed to alternate deadlifts and squats each workout day, but I did both each workout and changed my deadlift set/rep pattern to 5x5 as I added more weight.

I also did 2x15 warmup body weight squats, then 1x15 with bar, 1x12 with 50% weight, then 2x12 with my working weight on the squats. Deadlift I did 2x5 at 50% weight then 5x5 at working weight. Not sure if this is "correct" but it felt good and challenging for me.

@alliebeth88 ok thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!