4 - Tab. Carb 1 Ketchup
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder to Taste

Sauté ground turkey, onion, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion
Powder till meat is done and onions are opaque. Add rest of ingreadients and
heat well.

Yields 11 - 1 Cup Servings
90 Calories Per Serving

When I make this I double this recipe.

I made a big pot today.....it is super easy to make, very filling and oh so good.

Replies

• Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili

1 - Pound Tube Honeysuckle White Fresh Ground Turkey 97/3
    (160 Calories per. 4 oz.)
    1 - Cup Chopped Onion
    2 - Tab. Chili Powder
    1 - 16 oz. Can Bush’s Best Onion Baked Bean
    1 - 14.5 oz. Can DelMonte Diced Tomatoes
    2 - 8 oz. Cans Hunt's Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
    4 - Tab. Carb 1 Ketchup
    Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder to Taste

Sauté ground turkey, onion, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion
    Powder till meat is done and onions are opaque. Add rest of ingreadients and
    heat well.

Yields 11 - 1 Cup Servings
    90 Calories Per Serving

When I make this I double this recipe.

I made a big pot today.....it is super easy to make, very filling and oh so good.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    You need to add 4 cups of water to this recipe. Sorry for leaving it out. :embarassed: I realized my mistake when I made a big pot of it today. But do add 4 cups of water to the recipe.
    :flowerforyou:
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    HI
    your recipe sounds really good but may I ask how you came up with 90 cal per serving?
    the recipe with out the beans and tomato sauce is 106 I llok up the sauce it came to 20 cals per 1/4 cup and I went to the site of bush's and the baked beans are 140 per 1/2 cup which makes your recipe for 1 cup 266 cals and a salad you still have a good dinner
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    I am going to go back to SparkPeople and recalculate this recipe.
    Are you counting a full cup of beans per serving? This recipe makes 11 one cup servings. Plus there are 4 cups of water in the recipe along with the other ingredients as well. But to make sure I will go back and recalculate this recipe just in case.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Ok did a quick recalculation of the recipe. It is more like 115 to 120 calories per serving. You are not dividing this recipe by 11. You will not get a full half cup of beans per 1 cup serving nor will you get a full quarter cup of tomato sauce per 1 cup serving, etc….. This recipe makes 11 cups not just 3½ servings. When I made this recipe I measured and weighed everything and when it was done I measured it out by the cup which came to 11 full cups of chili. The labels on the beans and tomatoes did not have enough product in them for the full 3½ servings per can. The label says “about” 3½ servings per can not a diffident 3½ servings. As long as they are close to it they can get away with it.
    But I will still go back to SparkPeople and feed it all back in to their recipe calculator and let you know how many they say the recipe has per serving. When I feed it all in there they calculate the water along with the other ingredients. That is where I got the first calorie count for this recipe. I could have made a mistake putting in the ingredients….we shall see. You can also recalculate the calories by counting the full amounts of all the calories from all the ingredients and then divide them by 11 to see what you come up with.
    I will let you know what I get and please let me know what you come up with also.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    While typing the above post we got a call that someone has broken into our storage unit. :mad: I don’t have time to go recalculate this right now because it does take a little time. I will have to do it later. If you (or anybody else) finds out how many calories are in this recipe please let me know and I will get back with you as soon as I can. I will keep checking back as I can till then.
    Thanks for your help. :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    The people we rent from have secured our storage unit and I don’t go over there without someone with me so I will have to wait till my husband gets off work.

OK now back to the recipe. :smile:

I went to SparkPeople and recalculated all of the ingredients including the onion and water and came up with 129 calories per 1 cup serving. I did it twice. So the 90 calories is wrong but still a very low calorie meal.

I also calculated the way I made it the last 2 times I have made it.
    I double the recipe but I only use 1 pound of fresh ground turkey which is 140 calories per 4 oz. serving instead of 160 calories per 4 oz. serving. I add a can of black beans that I have drained and washed. I did this one twice also and got 97 calories per 1 cup serving.

That is my calculations from SparkPeople but if anybody has something different please let me know. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    salt!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Yep salt :embarassed:
    But dang its good :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Betty did you ever come back and read this. Your calculations are way off. You are not getting a full serving of beans or tomato sauce etc... per cup of the chili.
    You didn't divide it by 11 like the recipe is done.