exercise adiction?

Options
is it possible to become addicted to exercise? I have only been joined a week and a half but all I can think of from about 2 o clock onwards is getting on the cross trainer :laugh:

Replies

• tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of something called a runner's high? Unless you're losing weight too fast or pushing yourself too hard toward injury, enjoy it! Just make sure you schedule recovery time every week.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    edited for double post
    :grumble:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Probably...I dream of doing Zumba a lot. LOL :ohwell:
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I seriously can't wait to get to the gym every day! I so look forward to exercising every day (well...at least 5 days a week and sometimes 6). It feels so good to push myself and I actually like the feeling of sore muscles after a great workout. Also love the feeling of doing something great for myself! And the best part is how my body looks and feels now! I guess it's better than being addicted to some others things! Lol
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get to the gym. I think about it all day long. What I will do and how much this will help me change.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Yes. Not just thinking about it. But spending too much money, time, and putting yourself in dangerous situations (weather conditions, dehydration, etc.) I've done all these things.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I don't really think that's addiction- it's just something that you are looking forward to crossing off for the day- that's how I am!
  • Glynniso
    Glynniso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercise releases dopamine, a reward neurotransmitter, so it's 100% natural to want to exercise once you get in the hang of it. Just make sure to vary your routine in order to keep your dopamine levels up!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yep. I can't wait to get on my stationary bike after I put my son to bed every night. Every.Single.Night. Now, why can't cleaning be addictive?
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think addiction would be overstating the case for me. I am surprised to find that I now look forward to it and experience a glow of satisfaction when it is over. Hmmmm. That sounds disturbingly like a sexual experience......but let's not go there.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eminem traded his pill addiction for a running addiction a few years back.
  • grillingirl
    Options
    I think addiction would be overstating the case for me. I am surprised to find that I now look forward to it and experience a glow of satisfaction when it is over. Hmmmm. That sounds disturbingly like a sexual experience......but let's not go there.
  • grillingirl
    Options
    Lol!!!
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's not an addiction unless there are negative effects on you, your life or other people around you. Like if you leave your young child in the car or home alone to go running or to the gym, start spending the rent money on gym memberships & workout accessories& dvds or compulsively exercising until you faint.

You're looking forward to doing something healthy for yourself - enjoy it!